Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
NTT DATA is looking for a Senior Programme Delivery Manager with the experience and capability to lead large teams and deliver on a variety of projects and programmes of all sizes and scales, across industry. Specifically within the TelcoMedia sector, you will have vast experience of delivering change (IT and Business) and understand the complexities of the sector.
As a Delivery Manager you will provide direction to a team, managing, owning and defining the Delivery Strategy, Planning, Resourcing and driving the lifecycle of delivery. You will excel at managing stakeholders and the communicate and collaborate with the various delivery streams and business units. You will need to be able to not only self motivate, but also motivate and drive your teams with technical and business leadership, and vision to implement and deliver against the plan while managing the programme expectations and balancing time pressures against cost and quality.
You will actively engage and immerse the team in the broader business vision to maintain full alignment across the Programme.
What you'll need:
The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of self-management, be able to take ownership and work independently, recommend suitable solutions, be personally accountable and have excellent all-round communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 15+ years’ experience of Programme Management
- Strong stakeholder management to up to senior leadership level, developing and managing relationships at all organizational levels
- Thought leader who can speak to and qualify latest trends in approach and methodologies with the ability to drive client direction and investment in best practices for Business and IT change
- Fully conversant with latest programme management tools
- Familiar and conversant with delivery frameworks and tools
- Delivery focused, pragmatic and able to provide recommendations based on business impacts
- Strong problem-solving skills, highly motivated, and passionate about quality
- Experience applying latest methods and techniques across waterfall, SAFe and agile and in a variety of complex delivery environments (traditional, DevOps, DevSecOps etc)
- Can take charge of the release and change process so as to avoid scope creep
- Avoids unnecessary change requests through strong stakeholder management and holding people to what was committed in releases.
- Collaborates with Workstream leads to support their delivery of milestones on time, to cost and quality
- Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure key milestones are met
- Define, implement and measure key delivery KPIs to ensure high standards are achieved.
- Act as facilitator and decision maker for blocking issue resolution during delivery
- Managing challenging stakeholders and being firm on scope and time commitments.
- Strong implementation, scheduling and planning experience within a Transformation Programme
- Expertise in requirements analysis, solution design, test strategy/planning and acceptance with good understanding of release management and ‘go live’ protocols for all types of scenarios (migrations, greenfield, brownfield etc).
- Proactive risk management.
- Strong Vendor and supplier management capability.
- Strong skills to resolve conflicts.
- Lead Delivery Management across a major strategic Transformation programmes.
- Manages project Managers, workstream Leads working across multiple projects (>10).
- Champion continual service improvement across quality assurance, automation and tooling.
- Expert in testing methodologies, test management and associated practices.
- Strong leadership and coaching experience.
- Experience with managing large offshore teams and services.
- Keeping in check the schedule and status of any given release, and communicate this effectively across all teams including business analysts, dev, test, infrastructure, and architecture.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a numerate or computing related subject focus
- Experience of a wide range of SDLC methodologies
- Recognised project and programme creditations (PRINCE2, PMP, MSP etc) or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in the Telecommunications sector
- Experience in the Release Management Life Cycle
- Experience of Management within Telecommunications organisations
- Experience of delivering business change and IT change within Telco BSS/OSS platforms
- Experience with testing CRM & Billing solutions
The focus on Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
Back to search
Email to a friend