The team you'll be working with:
The software engineer is part of the feature Team. Their main task is the technical implementation of the business requirements (e.g. user stories).
The software engineer is primarily responsible for:
- Work across the full digital software stack (front-end and back-end development)
- Working with the BAs to bridge the gap between business and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Working with back end engineers to ensure smooth integration of front end and back end services
- Managing the interchange of data and transactions between the backend and the front end
- Working closely with Quality Engineer to ensure business logic is implemented as required and fully testable
- Deliver, with the other members of the squad, robust software features that delight customers
What you'll be doing:
- Delivery of high-quality work results (structure, content, form)
- Introduction of new technical user stories to implement technical and architectural measures
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documented code, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts following clean code principles
- Compliance with quality guidelines (Unit Tests, Code Quality, Test Driven Development)
- Consideration of non-functional requirements and operation-relevant topics during conception and implementation (logging, performance, monitoring, debugging)
- End-to-end thinking during development - the responsibility extends from (local) test environment to integration and production environment
- Proactive skill building regarding new technologies
- Presentation of concepts and work results in the context of demos and tech-talks
- Responsible for estimates and commitments
- Follow the agile software development lifecycle
- Working with the other members of the team to deliver features the client really needs at pace
What experience you'll bring:
- Professional software development experience
- Strong experience with of ASP.NET (Razor Pages / MVC / WEB API), .Net Core, Microservices
- Strong experience with WCF, WPF and full framework
- Experience serving as a software engineer throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in development of scalable systems
- Strong experience of Agile delivery methods
- Passionate about BDD/TDD and developing robust, resilient code
- Ideally knowledge of messaging queues
Who we are:
We’re a business with a global reach that empowers local teams, and we undertake hugely exciting work that is genuinely changing the world. Our advanced portfolio of consulting, applications, business process, cloud, and infrastructure services will allow you to achieve great things by working with brilliant colleagues, and clients, on exciting projects.
Our inclusive work environment prioritises mutual respect, accountability, and continuous learning for all our people. This approach fosters collaboration, well-being, growth, and agility, leading to a more diverse, innovative, and competitive organisation. We are also proud to share that we have a range of Inclusion Networks such as: the Women’s Business Network, Cultural and Ethnicity Network, LGBTQ+ & Allies Network, Neurodiversity Network and the Parent Network.
For more information on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion please click here: Creating Inclusion Together at NTT DATA UK | NTT DATA
what we'll offer you:
We offer a range of tailored benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. Our Learning and Development team ensure that there are continuous growth and development opportunities for our people. We also offer the opportunity to have flexible work options.
You can find more information about NTT DATA UK & Ireland here: NTT DATA UK & I
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in the fair treatment of all our employees and commit to promoting equity and diversity in our employment practices. We are also a Disability Confident Committed Employer - we want to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application and interview process, if you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know and we look forward to hearing from you.