Delivery Manager - Public Sector
Project / Programme Management, London
What you'll be doing:
NTT DATA is looking for a Senior Programme Delivery Manager with the experience and capability to lead large teams and deliver on a variety of projects and programmes of all sizes and scales, across industry. Specifically within the Public Sector, you will have vast experience of delivering change (IT and Business) and understand the complexities of the sector.
As a Delivery Manager you will provide direction to a team, managing, owning and defining the Delivery Strategy, Planning, Resourcing and driving the lifecycle of delivery. You will excel at managing stakeholders and the communicate and collaborate with the various delivery streams and business units. You will need to be able to not only self motivate, but also motivate and drive your teams with technical and business leadership, and vision to implement and deliver against the plan while managing the programme expectations and balancing time pressures against cost and quality.
You will actively engage and immerse the team in the broader business vision to maintain full alignment across the Programme.
What you'll need:
- Senior Programme Management experience.
- Strong stakeholder management to up to senior leadership level, developing and managing relationships at all organizational levels
- Thought leader who can speak to and qualify latest trends in approach and methodologies with the ability to drive client direction and investment in best practices for Business and IT change
- Familiar and conversant with delivery frameworks and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills, highly motivated, and passionate about quality
- Experience applying latest methods and techniques across waterfall, SAFe and agile and in a variety of complex delivery environments (traditional, DevOps, DevSecOps etc)
- Can take charge of the release and change process so as to avoid scope creep
- Avoids unnecessary change requests through strong stakeholder management and holding people to what was committed in releases.
- Collaborates with Workstream leads to support their delivery of milestones on time, to cost and quality
- Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure key milestones are met
- Define, implement and measure key delivery KPIs to ensure high standards are achieved.
- Act as facilitator and decision maker for blocking issue resolution during delivery
- Managing challenging stakeholders and being firm on scope and time commitments.
- Strong implementation, scheduling and planning experience within a Transformation Programme
- Expertise in requirements analysis, solution design, test strategy/planning and acceptance with good understanding of release management and ‘go live’ protocols for all types of scenarios (migrations, greenfield, brownfield etc).
- Proactive risk management.
- Strong Vendor and supplier management capability.
- Strong skills to resolve conflicts.
- Lead Delivery Management across a major strategic Transformation programmes.
- Manages project Managers, workstream Leads working across multiple projects (>10).
- Champion continual service improvement across quality assurance, automation and tooling.
- Strong leadership and coaching experience.
- Experience with managing large offshore teams and services.
- Keeping in check the schedule and status of any given release, and communicate this effectively across all teams including business analysts, dev, test, infrastructure, and architecture.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to move between our expanding industry portfolios across Telco Media, Public Sector, Insurance, Manufacturing & Automotive and Banking, etc.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible at any time, to help you sharpen your PM skills and to further your knowledge across a wide range of related disciplines
- A vibrant community of 200+ project and programme management professionals, to learn and share knowledge and best practice experiences
- Health insurance, Life Assurance, and group income protection
- A series of extra benefits such as; dental covering, gym membership, buy/sell holiday days, health and wellbeing support, mental health support, and saving/investing options.
- Opportunities to gain professional certifications