Infrastructure Service Manager
Technical Consultancy, Dublin
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
- Monitoring and managing Infrastructure functions to ensure delivery and optimal service.
- Taking ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution teams/towers, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews.
- Ensuring that Configuration Item’s (CI) are managed using proper systems, procedures, and methodologies resulting in an exceptional customer service.
- Developing a deep understanding of demands/projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery.
- Responsible for infrastructure input into project activities.
- Taking accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, recommending methods for service improvement.
- Analysing third-party as well as internal processes, and creating strategies for service delivery optimization performance and Quality Management.
- Providing accurate and regular reports to management on performance of the service.
- Responsible for managing customer senior management level governance meetings and actions.
- Personnel onshore & offshore management, including staff recruitment, performance assessment, training, and mentoring, building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborating with technical design teams to set standards for software, hardware, and security – L3/L4.
- Enabling high-level of performance benchmarks for CI under Support.
What you'll need:
- Proficiency in leading both physical and virtual offshore teams, ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in dealing with third-party provided services.
- Operational ability in a diverse, large-scale environment (preferably the Telecom Industry).
- Exceptional customer-facing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery, comprehensive understanding of ITIL Framework (Certification a plus).
- Expertise in people management and leadership, with strong organizational skills, capacity to train and guide junior team members, ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Strong resource planning and problem-solving skills, readiness to demonstrate a proactive attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Wintel/Linux environments, from Legacy (NT) to New Generation
- Knowledge of Database, Storage (SAN/NAS) and Backup Technologies
- Ability to combine their experience/knowledge and utilise in discussions with the customer during technical discussions.
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base