You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
The Head of Cloud and Infrastructure (Managed Services) is responsible for developing and leading our evolving Cloud and Infrastructure Managed Services Practice. The successful candidate will bring together our capabilities; defining the strategy, roadmap, service offerings and operations. They will also be responsible for oversight of promoting/selling and delivering these services, working on proposals, pro-active GTM engagement, resourcing and client engagement.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring together the existing strengths of our Infrastructure and Cloud Managed Services Team to ensure we are positioned for growth and the pro-active improvement of our existing delivery engagement and new business opportunities.
What to expect
As the Head of Cloud and Infrastructure, the role requires management of the growing practice; developing our strategy, service offerings, supplier/partner relationships, GTM engagement, recruitment and delivery of our services. The successful candidate will be expected to shape a set of compelling services and keep abreast of market trends and client demands to ensure these continue to evolve.
Responsibilities will include:
· Direct and matrix team management experience – including strategy, planning, motivation and coaching for team members
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to tailor the message to suit the audience; i.e. able to communicate with senior managers but also able to understand the detail at a technical level and communicate with technical resources
· Good understanding of enterprise grade Infrastructure and Cloud architecture and how business applications work with infrastructure services
· Experience working in an onshore-offshore model is mandatory
· Prior experience of working in a multi-vendor environment is extremely desirable
· Must be an excellent team player
· Good documentation and presentation abilities are mandatory
· Highly committed, motivated and self-starter – must be able to give himself/herself directions rather than waiting for a steer from above
· Ability to work with a diverse group of technically experienced resources – must be able to demonstrate experience with managing conflicts and disagreements at the workplace
· Understanding of Infrastructure, Networking and Cloud services and delivery practices, including but not limited to (ideally within a Managed Services supplier environment):
o Any of Azure, AWS, GCP platforms
o Management and Monitoring Solutions
o Windows/Linux/Unix Server technologies
o Storage platforms
o Networking technologies, SD-LAN/WAN
o Virtualisation platforms
o Enterprise backup, recovery and high availability
o Software Licensing
o Cyber Security best practice
o SRE, Agile, Scrum
· Experience in application of ITIL Process and IT Service Management best practice
· 3rd Party, Partner and Budget Management
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA’s.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base