Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
As well as taking on BAU EUC support activities, you will act as the operational day to day lead for the rest of the team. You will be responsible for providing first class customer service in alignment with technical skills, be proactive in nature and look to lead and drive operational improvements into the team reflecting an excellent service to the client.
As a people person, you’ll use core customer service skills and ability to communicate confidently to articulate issues and resolutions to all different layers of stakeholders within the clients you will be supporting.
Providing a support network for your colleagues will be of great importance to make sure productivity and morale remains high and client sees a resilient and robust service.
Wanting to progress your career will be a primary motivation for you which NTT DATA will work with you to achieve your aspirations.
What you'll need:
The role expects you to work on your own and as part of the greater team to deliver a successful and always improving service our customer.
You will be responsible for:
General requirements, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Manage Incidents and Service Requests assigned via the Service Desk toolset, ensuring SLA and KPI compliance.
- Ensure excellent verbal and written communications are applied at all times.
- Ensure appropriate and up-to-date documentation is maintained at all times.
- UK travel as required to support engineers, clients and attend NTT DATA meetings.
- Act as an escalation point for the team.
- As the lead, provide day to day support for the team.
- Confirm processes are followed and improved as and when needed.
- Provide feedback into the service\technical leads as and when required.
- Lead customer service improvements via the team through to completion.
- Provide agreed ad-hoc support for the client when agreed.
- Make sure the team conform to the service models in place.
- Support engineers provided through NTT DATA partners.
- Maintain operational documentation, to include runbooks and standard operating procedures.
- Resident onsite support services covering:
- Install, Move, Add/Change, De-Installation (IMACD) for typical end user computing activities.
- Windows and MAC PC Installation, replacements and laptop provisioning within the site the engineer is based at. .
- Hardware break-fix by the engineer for out of warranty devices, using available spares and engagement of with third party suppliers where available in-country.
- Liaising with suppliers for any in warranty break-fix ticket. When a single part, or a whole unit swap is available to the Engineer, the ticket will be resolved by the Engineer
- Asset management activities, ensuring an accurate records are held in the central management database and that assets are effectively tracked and reported.
- Desk side software support – Providing remediation of application software, installation, removal, or configurations in-person, or using remote support tool.
- Hand & eyes support for the offshore Workplace services team as part of incident resolution or vendor visits.
- Tape handling, supporting with local back-up tape changes.
- Print services support, in relation to assisting with vendor repairs, consumables provision, commission/decommission and local troubleshooting with user print failures.
- Meeting and event support, preparing rooms with IT related equipment and troubleshooting functionality of devices.
- Logging tickets for vendor support and escorting vendors on site.
- IT stock management to maintain Customer owned replacement devices and parts in working order notifying the Customer of any devices that are needed to be added or scrapped as needed
- Build and distribution of IT stock between sites and maintaining centralised records.
- Assist with Non-Standard Service requests (NSSR) such as off one-off specialised software installations, or hardware configurations.
- Hardware Supported:
- Personal Computers and notebooks
- Apple Macs
- Printers at the local site
- Tablets, thin client devices and smartphones
- Touch panels
- Mobile device configuration (Android and iOS)
- Upgrading firmware and configuring handheld scanners at distribution locations
Software Support includes:
- Operating Systems Windows and MAC OSX
- Office Suites
- Web browsers
- Project Management Tools
- Communication platform
- All line of business applications
Remote Site Support includes:
- Use remote support tools provided by client
- Video and audio Microsoft Teams call support
- Remote stock management
- Shipping equipment between sites to satisfy runbook stock levels
- Assisting unattended sites fulfil new starter and leaver requests for IT equipment
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base