Solutions Architect - Public Sector (Pre-Sales)
Solutions Architecture, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community.
Our Public Sector Business Unit is growing strongly, and we are looking for experienced pre-sales solution architects to join the team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are capable of working at pace: rapidly getting up to speed with new requirements and shaping compelling, innovative and differentiated solutions for our customers.
You will ideally have a background in the Public Sector, and have successfully led solution aspects of bid responses, presentations and customer discussions. You will be a strong communicator, capable of generating written material of extremely high quality and presenting confidently. You will be comfortable with a wide range of technologies and solution types with a perspective that is broad rather than deep in any specific area. You will have a strong commercial understanding and be able to balance financial and budgetary constraints with customer aspirations. You will be used to working a fast-changing environment, forming new teams quickly, bringing organisation and structure where there is ambiguity and building strong working relationships.
What you'll be doing:
You will be responsible for leading the pre-sales activity; typically as part of a formal procurement (e.g. RFx) or in support of a proactive campaign. You will be pivotal to the response, responsible for delivering an integrated solution and a coordinated delivery plan across all technology domains and business practices. You will be authoring your own content, as well as orchestrating and aligning content from across the business.
Your primary objectives will be to;
- Quickly distil customer needs or goals into a simple vision and story board that can act as a central pivot for the pre-sales team
- Author creative and persuasive pre-sales content
- Lead solution aspects of client pitches and negotiations
- Collate, orchestrate, and refine content to create a cohesive solution and delivery model
- Use your experience to influence and challenge the solutions we present
- Promote and develop pre-sales governance and best practices
- Build and leverage a wide senior-level network to navigate the global delivery organisation
- Develop capability; building momentum across the organisation to create a virtual team of creative content-writers, with great communication skills and strong commercial awareness
- Optimise knowledge; creating quality content that can be reused, building continual improvement into our knowledge estate and pre-sales assets
What you'll need:
To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly structured individual with solid technical background and the ability to lead people and orchestrate multiple points of view. Experience in both delivery and operational roles would be beneficial.
- You must be comfortable operating with high levels of ambiguity, you must have the ability to bring clarity and build confidence in our understanding of each opportunity
- Your experience will enable you to tap into your innate knowledge to rapidly qualify opportunities and provide a view on complexity, opportunity size and risk
- You must be able to unravel business ideas and get to the root of real business value to help our technical architects and business consultants create solutions that will excite our clients
- Working with a global network of inspiring technologists, you must be able to harness talent from across the NTT Data family to generate solution collateral
- Whilst working alongside technology and business experts, you must be familiar working with reference architectures and high-level technology patterns & designs
- The role will demand you to be a strong influencer, having the ability to build good working relationships with delivery partners at all levels within the organisation
- You must be a great visual storyteller, able to bring solutions to life to help our customers understand and embrace the value of change & technology
Education and Experience
- Senior technical delivery experience on complex, at least some of which has been within the UK Public Sector
- Sales or pre-sales experience, either in a direct presale / sales role or as part of meeting management responsibilities
- The ability to build effective teams, recognising people’s strengths and weaknesses and establishing the right environment for growth
- Excellent knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and in delivery of software products
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, GDS Service Standard, Jira & Confluence
- Understanding of architectural concepts, across application, cloud infrastructure, data, and integration
- Experience in managed services or operational environments (such as defining service architectures) would also be advantageous
Our UK professional community that provides individuals access to mentoring, subject matter expertise, support and training, to help each other grow and reach their career goals. We are looking for individuals who also share and embody our core values of Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight, and that lead by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to move between our expanding industry portfolios across Telco Media, Public Sector, Insurance, Manufacturing & Automotive and Banking, etc.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible at any time, to help you sharpen your PM skills and to further your knowledge across a wide range of related disciplines
- A vibrant community of 120+ project and programme management professionals, to learn and share knowledge and best practice experiences
- …And much, much more!