Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales)
Software Development, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
We are looking for a Pre-sales Solutions Architect to join the pre-sales function within our rapidly growing delivery organisation. You will be working across multiple user segments, industries, and technology domains, typically working with our senior leaders, technology experts and business consultants to help define innovative solutions for new and existing customers. This is a great opportunity for you to play a pivotal role in orchestrating our responses to the complex challenges faced by our customers, working within our sector verticals including tier 1 telecommunications, insurance, banking, energy, utilities as well as public sector organisations.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
What you'll be doing:
You will be responsible for leading the pre-sales activity of the delivery organisation; typically as part of a formal procurement (e.g. RFx) or in support of a proactive campaign. You will be pivotal to the response, responsible for delivering an integrated solution and a coordinated delivery plan across all technology domains and business practices. You will be authoring your own content, as well as orchestrating and aligning content from across the business.
Your primary objectives will be to;
- Quickly distil customer needs or goals into a simple vision and story board that can act as a central pivot for the pre-sales team
- Author creative and persuasive pre-sales content
- Collate, orchestrate, and refine content to create a cohesive solution and delivery model
- Use your experience to influence and challenge the solutions we present
- Promote and develop pre-sales governance and best practices
- Build and leverage a wide senior-level network to navigate the global delivery organisation
- Develop capability; building momentum across the organisation to create a virtual team of creative content-writers, with great communication skills and strong commercial awareness
- Optimise knowledge; creating quality content that can be reused, building continual improvement into our knowledge estate and pre-sales assets
What you'll need:
To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly structured individual with solid technical background and the ability to lead people and orchestrate multiple points of view. Experience in both delivery and operational roles would be beneficial.
- You must be at home operating with high levels of ambiguity, you must have the ability to bring clarity and build confidence in our understanding of each opportunity
- Your experience will enable you to tap into your innate knowledge to rapidly qualify opportunities and provide a view on complexity, opportunity size and risk
- You must be able to unravel business ideas and get to the root of real business value to help our technical architects and business consultants create solutions that will excite our clients
- Working with a global network of inspiring technologists, you must be able to converse in their language and be able to harness talent from across the NTT Data family to generate solution collateral
- Whilst working alongside technology and business experts, you must be familiar working with reference architecture and high-level technology patterns & designs
- The role will demand you to be a strong influencer, having the ability to build good working relationships with delivery partners at all levels within the organisation
- You must be a great visual storyteller, able to bring solutions to life to help our customers understand and embrace the value of change & technology
Education and Experience
- Senior technical delivery experience on complex, large scale, multi-domain application estates
- Senior leadership experience, with the ability to build effective teams, recognising people’s strengths and weaknesses and establishing the right environment for growth
- Sales or pre-sales experience, either in a direct presale / sales role or as part of meeting management responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and in delivery of software products
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Understanding of architectural concepts, across application, cloud infrastructure, data, and integration
- Experience in managed services or operational environments would be advantageous
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other's success and are always honest with each other to ensure we grow together. We aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. Our focus on clients, teamwork and foresight forms our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
- To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- We are happy to offer the flexibility of a part-time or full-time position.
- 25 days of holidays, with the possibility to buy or sell 5 days within your first month
- A MacBook or laptop
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment with new industries and technologies in both Private and Public Sectors, including Insurance, Automotive, Financial, Government and more.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- Support for training and upskilling
- Industry-leading employer pension contributions
- …And much more!