Who we are:
Azure Data Solutions Architect
At NTT DATA are exceptional together and we believe in growing by helping others grow, clients and employees.
We do that through our talented team that is leaded by example. We provide all the support you need to achieve the career of your dreams, giving you the tools to become the best version of yourself you’d like to see. Because by supporting each other be who they want to be, work how they work best we bring innovation and we build more opportunities for everyone and a better future for our business, our people and our society.
We provide a safe environment in which all of us can be ourselves and reach our full potential. This is a place where all individuals can be their true selves. Our success comes from our people, regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, or anything else that can be used to differentiate people because we are exceptional together
We understand you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, but if you are intrested in this or other opportunities within NTT DATA, do not think twice and apply!
As part of our continuous growth, we are looking for an Azure Data Solutions Architect to join the team
What you'll be doing:
NTT Data are currently leading in the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of a modern data platform built on Azure for a client of ours within the energy sector. We will be playing a key role in the strategic direction of this project and will be building the platform from scratch.
As part of this, we require a Data Solutions Architect to play a crucial role in the delivery of this project from a technology perspective. You will be working with the customer directly to ensure that their requirements are met within the design and will perform a hands on role in the end to end delivery.
- Defining the data architecture as part of a data solution (e.g. ETL, data integration and data migration) or a wider programme, such as a digital transformation.
- Setting the direction and acting as technical lead for a technical team delivering Azure platform solutions, and when required on-prem data solutions.
- Building conceptual and physical data models, optimised for operational or analytical use cases.
- Estimating and providing Rough-Order-Of Magnitude (ROM) sizings for change.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup).
- Providing Quality Assurance, reviewing the development.
- Proving expertise and coaching to less experienced members of the Data Practice in Microsoft Azure Data Services.
- Contributing to the methods, standards and keeping abreast of the technical advances in data engineering for the Data Practice.
- Demonstrating how Azure Data Services can be exploited in the success of cloud migration and digital transformation opportunities.
What you'll need:
- Architecting data platforms on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Designing conceptual and physical data architectures.
- Producing high level blueprints, reference architectures.
- Defining outline data models and data entity relationships.
- Solid skills in
- Designing modern cloud based Data Platform solutions with a sound understanding of architectural concepts (e.g. Platform as a Service cloud computing and Distributed Parallel architecture).
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and clear understanding about defining data architecture framework, standards and principles.
- Mapping data from source to target and establishing current & future state based on business data requirements.
- Data Warehousing, ETL / Data Processing, Data Migration.
- Working Knowledge of Data Modeling Tools (Erwin Data Modeler, etc.)
- Master Data Management (MDM) systems.
- Building data platforms using a wide range of the Azure Services including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory and Azure Blob storage, HDInsight, Machine Learning Studio.
- Knowledge related to Data Visualisation techniques and end-user consumption
- Microsoft BI stack and more advanced warehousing options (e.g. Hadoop, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Designing analytics and machine learning solutions using Azure Databricks platform.
- Data Cleansing, Data Quality and Data Governance tools and methods.
- DevOps/ DataOps methods in development of data solutions.
Our employees' safety is priority, so currently you will be working from the comfort of your own home most of the time. In the future when we can spend time in some more time of our offices, in Oxford Circus, Bank or Epworth House. As a result, you will be able to enjoy London’s vibrant dynamics!
.... And another thing, you will be joining a close-knit team that is supportive and approachable. Which means that as a new joiner, you will always have someone available to offer help and guidance.
How to apply:
We appreciate that you may not have an up to date CV, so please just send what you have and let's organise a chat!