Information Technology, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
- Define, together with the Product Owner, the acceptance criteria at both the story and the system level
- Write end to end tests (manually) proving the system works, and define test cases based on the test scenarios
- Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments to ensure quality is maintained; including manual testing (exploratory, negative and black box) as well as utilising a variety of test tools to enhance testing efficiency, identify vulnerable areas of the software and raise, prioritise and track defect reports through to conclusion
- Understand the design and the implementation details and assess the affected areas and risk areas that the implementation can introduce
- Perform Sanity, Regression testing in an agile environment with continuous integration and deployment of new releases
- Write detailed defect descriptions and work with developers to prioritise and assign bugs depending on the business impact and severity on timelines to test and go live
- Create a culture of transparency, ownership, collaboration, accountability and quality
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders including release managers, test leads, and other suppliers and stakeholders.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Work closely with Product Owner’s and developers to agree test cases and their acceptance criteria.
What you'll need:
- ISTQB Foundation (or higher) or equivalent
- Experience of a wide range of SLDC methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Kanban, behavioural-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of automated testing and release processes
- Experience of translating business requirements into legible, complete, executable test cases
- Experience of creating and executing test cases with relevant focus and context (System Test, Integration Test, UAT etc)
- Experience of evaluating test results and raising well defined defects for resolution
- Experience of testing Business Processes
- Experience testing API and UI functionality in a commercial environment
- Able to use initiative and work within an agile framework within sprints or work effectively in a waterfall environment
- Ability to execute testing tasks independently, yet work collaboratively within the team on major decisions and respond to high-level guidance & support
- Experience with using test and defect management tools (JIRA, HPALM etc)
- Experience of using test tools such as cucumber, postman, gatling etc
- Passion for great technology and user experience
- Active UK Security Clearance, or eligibility for clearance
- Experience within the Telecommunications sector
- Experience within the Insurance sector
- This role can be based remotely / from home
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other's successes and are always honest with each other. When we work together, we are unstoppable. We're leading the way with making anything possible and we will need candidates who share the same values and will raise the bar on delivering excellency for the Test team. Together we are one.
A fast-paced and exciting working environment.
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
And much more…