Who we are:
Our requirement is for a PMO Analyst to join our existing team and be responsible for providing ongoing PMO support across a portfolio of projects within our Telco Media Business Unit.
This role will report directly into the PMO Manager but will also work with a number of Delivery Managers or Lead Project Managers to monitor and control key areas of the project management methodology to support the delivery of various projects and programmes across the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for project administration and documentation. Acts as the advocate for best practices across the PMO, and facilitate the sharing of best practice between team members.
- Take a lead role in the implementation of new initiatives within the PMO, including the introduction of new processes, procedures and accompanying IT solutions as required.
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio, and monitor compliance of projects and programmes and highlight reports, plans, risk and issue registers and lessons learned logs, directly challenging any poor practice with consultants and managers.
- Understands the project roadmap and pipeline requirements to report on and validate the project and programme roadmap (progress, resource, budget, risks & issues) providing a central view to the business.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all individuals within the team, whilst exerting and maintaining a strong level of authority with respect.
- Ensure that all new projects are set up correctly on Finance, Resourcing and Project Management systems in accordance with documented business approvals.
- Ensure that any third parties assigned to projects are under contract and that their Purchase Orders correctly reflect their planned project allocation.
What you'll need:
- Experience of working in a similar role, ideally with a Consulting and IT services organisation.
- Good working knowledge of project / programme management methodologies including both waterfall and agile
- Strong analytical, interpretation and reporting skills are essential
- Good understanding and experience of project delivery and acceptance processes
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Advanced IT skills (including MS Excel, MS Office (more generally), MS Visio
- Strong finance management experience