Technical Portfolio Delivery Manager
Project / Programme Management, London
Who we are:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Portfolio Delivery Manager working in our Public Services business, at a leading public body in the Healthcare sector. Experience of working in similar domains in what can be a high-pressured environment is preferable.
The role requires a combination of hands-on delivery experience at directly leading infrastructure, IT and network change projects for clients of varied size and complexity. You will also need to manage a portfolio of different sized initiatives, which could range from a small focused technical change requests, up to large transformational change (upgrade) projects. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day client engagement for these projects and directing a team of technical infrastructure, IT and network architects and specialists who will complete most of this work throughout the delivery life cycle. You will also work closely with a knowledgeable Managed Service team who provide BAU support services to the same client, using a catalogue, service desk and service request regime.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as the onsite Delivery Lead on all technical projects involving infrastructure, IT and network customer queries.
- Providing on-site primary point of contact leadership for all client projects across customer platforms, including health checks, reporting, and act as a technical escalation and co-ordination point for major incidents.
- Providing portfolio management controls, governance and reporting of all the running projects and road-mapped initiatives in the future backlog, so that activities are prioritised based on client criticality and benefits/value added.
- Carrying out proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance. This may result in agreement for issues tagged as changes, and spawning new projects for additional scope or requirements.
- Providing leadership over the design, delivery and implementation life cycle of new infrastructure platforms, including ensure that appropriate documentation is created (e.g. HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.) for each solution.
- Developing infrastructure roadmaps, customer proposals, impact assessments and statements of work for the delivery of further projects, solutions and services.
- Developing strong relationships with other architects, engineers and service managers within the Shared Service Centre to provide and share technical issue resolution and knowledge and to identify recurring service Problems that need a project fix (i.e. CSI).
What you'll need:
- Will have direct project management experience and knowledge in overseeing the technical delivery of Infrastructure, IT and Networking solutions at an enterprise level.
- Strong technical awareness and experience of managing projects in the following domains: Microsoft Servers/Exchange/O365, VMware, Citrix, VDI Unix/Linux, Public Cloud (Azure/AWS), Networking technologies, and Automation tools gained in a previous hands-on technical role.
- Experience of performing a client facing advisory Consultant role, providing direction on the best solutions and services required to meet the business needs.
- Able to directly influence client in building a IT, Network, Infrastructure roadmap.
- Able to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation as well as being able to troubleshoot and resolve complex low-level technical problems and incidents with the technical support teams.
- A number of current professional IT certifications across infrastructure vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Citrix, AWS and ideally an ITIL certification, with experience of working within a client assurance framework.
- Certification in Project delivery methodologies – PMP, PRINCE2 would be beneficial. Exposure to waterfall delivery is desirable.
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!