NTT DATA is a trusted global innovator, employing over 100,000 people in over 50 countries around the world. Despite our scale, we think and act like a start-up, approaching every challenge with creativity and precision. Our services range from consulting and systems design & development to outsourcing, and we serve a broad range of sectors, with particular strength in the UK in telco and media, financial services, manufacturing and the public sector. Headquartered in Tokyo, we bring a slice of our Japanese heritage to our work in the UK. We care about long-term relationships over short-term gains. We focus on the whole over the individual. We aspire to improve society through the ingenious use of Design & Technology.
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA, our clients and for the people who work here.
Tangity, is Part of NTT DATA Design Network, with studios across the globe. We work alongside our colleagues at NTT DATA, to bring together Strategy, Technology and Design. Our aim is to create purposeful products and services that have a positive impact on people and society. We do this by Humanizing Complexity.
As a Service Design researcher, you'll need:
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team, build consensus and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of the Service Design team to enhance internal employee and customer experience as well as customer outcomes
- Comfortable thinking end-to-end and surface-to-core. Able to see a high-level view as well as a detailed view. Understand and analyse how all aspects of the service integrate and impact each other in the context of the larger service ecosystem.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to client stakeholders, product managers across the business.
- Express facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner, as well as the ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Understand how to balance user experience, service experience, business needs, technically feasibility and time-to-market, and make trade-offs where appropriate
- Foundational understanding of the best practices and fundamentals of interaction, human-centred, goal-directed and service design and research methods across multiple touch points and devices
- Take inputs of all kinds — research findings, analytics, customer feedback, ideation, strategic directives — and turn this into a clear direction
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Familiarity with standard design patterns across devices and user interface conventions.
- Creative problem solving skills, a curious mind and an enthusiastic work ethic with an intrinsic passion for making things better
- A passion for creating new service design and research methods and practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create and deliver effective, clear and engaging presentations and proposals to top management and/or public groups.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic software/product development life-cycle
- Portfolio filled with a breadth of complex and systemic work that demonstrates use of immersive and behaviour-based design research methodologies and prototyping, strategic framing of insights and a passion for design-minded solutions;
- Proficient experience (8+ years) with techniques in primary, secondary research, qual & quant, including formal and informal usability studies, card sorting, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, persona development, heuristic evaluations, participatory design, etc.
What to expect:
The Service Design researcher will work collaboratively on a wide-range of projects and use human-centered and participatory design methods to research, model and facilitate service, customer experience and product improvements. They will be confident in planning and conducting primary research with external stakeholders and customers, in addition to secondary research, synthesising their findings into strong insights, through clear tstorytelling. This person will work with and across various cross-functional departments to co-create and help form the design strategy for the project.
The Service Design Researcher needs to be passionate about research of all types and be a creative thinker with a strong research foundation but a flexible approach in this fast-moving organization. She/He must be open to exploring out-of-the box research and be comfortable exploring data to back-up their reasoning. The mission of the Service Design team is to inspire innovative products and services by connecting the dots across people, processes and products to positively impact the customer experience.
As a Service Design Researcher, you will:
- Plan, design and conduct primary research studies, including writing research plans that outline study goals and methodology
- Identify recruiting requirements, write screeners, and work closely with recruiters to obtain most appropriate customers possible for research studies.
- Run primary research studies both formal and informal with external facing customers as well as internal subject matter experts and stakeholders where necessary.
- Analyze findings from all types of research, including data, and create various types of insights that synthesize findings into meaningful themes and actionable recommendations for various audiences.
- Ability to communicate or present research results and illustrate suggestions in clear, compelling, memorable and creative ways
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to make ideas understandable, make the future more concrete and the present more impactful.
- Visualization (either through diagramming, storyboarding, or information design). Helping others see the end-to-end and surface-to-core service and customer experience.
- Work closely with analytics, data scientist and customer success teams to collect various metrics to triangulate research data, uncover insights and inform service and design solutions
- Engage in cross-functional activities and collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Develop, organize and facilitate research brainstorming and work sessions (either individually or as part of a team)
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA’s.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
…And much more!