Security Service Delivery Manager
Technical Consultancy, Berkshire
You will be joining this rapidly growing service line responsible for all Managed Service contracts to all of our customers across all sectors. We cover Service Operations and Service Desk, AMO, Cloud technology, End User Compute and legacy ITO. We align with ITIL and are agnostic across our delivery capability in relation to core IT, Cloud, service desk, EUC tools and technologies.
We are passionate about delivery and live the NTT DATA values in parallel with a healthy work / life balance and a great team spirit.
As the Security SDM you will own the management and delivery of the service to the customer to the specified SLA’s; whilst ensuring customer satisfaction and service is delivered to Contract as well as drive continuous improvement and innovation and ensure that the company receives value for money for all expenditure on hardware, software and services.
This will require you to manage an internal matrix teams and 3rd party relationships.
- Provide Service Delivery Management across a number of key accounts, ensuring delivery of a range of security services
- Support with the definition of delivery documentation and process and provide senior support / mentor members of the delivery team in entry level delivery roles.
- Provide cover and act as the DOA for the Head of Security Delivery as required
- As a seasoned ITIL aligned Service Delivery Manager, you will have experience of owning both the management and delivery of services to customers in adherence with specified SLA’s; whilst ensuring customer satisfaction and the service is delivered in line with the agreed contractual terms, as well as driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- You will have strong experience within ITIL environments and you will have also managed in a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure.
- You will also ideally have a good understanding of enterprise grade application architecture and how applications work with infrastructure and good technical knowledge and experience with some or all of the the following Database Administration, Operating Server Administration, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Hardware, Storage and Networks.
What to expect:
As the Service Delivery Manager, the role requires end to end management of the service management function to the client. The role will sit within the account team and will report to the account Delivery Director. The role will require interacting with the client’s service management team, business stakeholders, NTT DATA UK internal stakeholders and 3rd parties.
Other responsibilities will include:
- End to end management of the service management function (Service Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management)
- Ensure adherence to contractually agreed service levels with the client
- Define and adhere to boundaries of what is ‘BAU’ and what is ‘Project Work’ Oversee the transition of support of new or changed services into the managed services scope
- Understand the customer’s business process cycle and manage resourcing levels appropriately
- Work closely with NTT DATA’s UK and India/remote based staff for delivery of services to the customer
- Track contractual metrics and produce monthly and weekly status reports
- Focus not just on ‘day-to-day’ operational management but possess foresight for continuous improvement that is tangible and demonstrable
- Act as the escalation point of contact for out of hours and critical business periods
- Keep on top of project financials and agreed project margins
- Ensure that critical incidents are managed closely with high degree of focus and appropriately detailed communication to concerned stakeholders
- Effectively manage technical resources when dealing with high priority incidents, ensuring that critical incident management teams are appropriately resourced and staffed up
- ITIL v3 Foundation (Minimum), ITIL Expert (Desired)
- At least 12-15 years in an ITIL based service management environment, with at least 6-8 years in an ITIL Service Manager role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Qualified to degree level or higher
- Experience of managing in a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to tailor the message to suit the audience; i.e. able to communicate with senior managers at a 36,000 feet level but also able to understand the detail at a technical level and communicate with technical resources
- Good understanding of enterprise grade application architecture and how applications work with infrastructure is desirable
- Hands on technical knowledge and experience, particularly infrastructure (e.g. Database Administration, Operating Server Administration, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Hardware, Storage, Networks) is an added advantage
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model is mandatory
- Prior experience of working in a multi vendor environment is extremely desirable
- Ability to demonstrate tangible continuous improvement that has been implemented
- Must be an excellent team player
- Good documentation and presentation abilities are mandatory
- Highly committed, motivated and self starter – must be able to give himself/herself directions rather than waiting for a steer from above
- Ability to work with a diverse group of technically experienced resources – must be able to demonstrate experience with managing conflicts and disagreements at the workplace
- Upsell and Cross-Sell abilities highly desirable