Senior SharePoint Engineer
Technical Support, West Midlands
You should be self-motivated individual with at least 4 years of experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude. You will possess a strong work ethic and desire to perform. Individual needs to be enthusiastic and have a high level of technical knowledge with experience across IT Infrastructure.
- A high level of technical knowledge and experience across IT Infrastructure.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Online, gained in a hands-on technical support role.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft SharePoint in virtualised server environments (Hyper-V, VMware) and Public Cloud (Azure/AWS).
- Experience of migrating on-premise SharePoint platforms to SharePoint Online.
- Experience of On Premise SharePoint either SP2010\SP2013\SP2016
- Ability to create and develop PowerShell scripts.
- Able to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation.
- A passion for self-learning and development, with a commitment to achieving vendor certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers, both internal and external.
- Attention to detail and a ‘right first time’ mentality.
- Professional IT certifications, including Microsoft and ITIL.
- Willingness to take ownership of incidents and be accountable in providing resolutions.
- SC level security clearance is desirable, but not essential. The role will require SC clearance to be obtained, therefore candidates must be eligible.
What to expect:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SharePoint Engineer to join the O365 Messaging & SharePoint team within our expanding Shared Service Centre based in Birmingham.
The team provides BAU operational support and project delivery across all O365 Messaging & SharePoint towers to multiple Public and Private Sector customers.
This role will work closely with customers to assist them in both BAU support and the delivery of new projects.
- To provide BAU operational support across customer SharePoint On Premise\SharePoint Online platforms, including health checks and reporting.
- Support project delivery teams throughout the lifecycle of projects, using your experience and lessons learnt from previous SharePoint implementations.
- To lead the design and implementation of new SharePoint platforms, including the creation of associated documentation (HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.).
- Managing Incidents, Problems and Requests in line with ITIL best practice and ensuring that SLA’s are maintained.
- Updating documentation as required.
- Developing strong relationships with other engineers within the Shared Service Centre to provide and share technical issue resolution and knowledge.
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!