Major Incident & Problem Manager
Technical Support, Birmingham
Major Incident & Problem Manager
You will be joining this rapidly growing service line responsible for all Managed Service contracts to all of our customer across all sectors. We cover Service Operations and service desk, AMO, Cloud technology, End User Compute and legacy ITO. We align with ITIL and are agnostic across our delivery capability in relation to core IT, cloud, service desk, EUC tools and technologies.
We are passionate about delivery and live the NTT DATA values in parallel with a healthy work / life balance and a great team spirit.
The main duties include:
- Utilising confidence, assertiveness and gravitas to build strong rapport with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Serving as the primary point of contact throughout the lifecycle of Major Incidents and Problems
- Leading, driving and chairing investigation activities and conference bridges / war rooms
- Proactively formulate action plans and robustly govern adherence to critical deadlines
- Identify resources needed to troubleshoot, communicate, and/or make decisions to resolve a Major Incident or Problem
- Influencing resources at all levels to engage with the Major Incident process without delay, when called upon
- Being accountable for end-to-end resolution of an outage using a tactical or strategic fix
- Maintaining constant communication with resolver groups for status updates
- Ensuring that internal and external communications about a Major Incident and Problem are completed on time
- Updating agreed channels and email distribution lists with notifications of updates and resolution
- Spearheading Problem investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions following Major Incident resolution
- Authoring and managing known-error database records
- Creation of Major Incident and root cause analysis reporting, and the ability to present and articulate to senior stakeholders
- Educating and continuous training of IT staff on the major incident and problem management processes
- Passionately owning the development, continuous review and proactive implementation of service improvements for the Major Incident process
- Managing impact matrix’s of applications and resources to facilitate pre-emptive analysis of potentials high-priority Incidents
- Conducting real-time Incident trend analysis to identify potential high-priority Incidents
- Being part of an on-call to respond to out-of-hours Major Incidents
- Assisting other ITIL subject matter experts within the team on an as needed basis, where required
- Attending CAB meetings
What to expect:
· Client Facing
· Reporting and Governance
· Third-party Liaison
· Incident Management
· Problem Management
· Change Management
· Release & Environment Management
· Configuration Management
· Knowledge Management
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
…And much more!