Technical Support, Dublin
Data Centre Engineer
Data centre engineers are responsible for implementing data centre strategy in the design and provision of data centre infrastructure for NTT DATA’s Telecom client. A team of DC engineers will work cohesively to manage IT Comms room, new installation, carry out preventive maintenance among many other duties.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for implementing data centre strategy in the design and provision of data centre infrastructure
- Review with data centre facility managers on data centre plant status, upkeep and plant maintenance schedule
- Be responsible for all data centre infrastructure changes, ensuring the timely implementation of same
- End to end responsibility for all new installations e.g. devices, racks etc
- Review all installation requests and assess space management requirements
- Report on data centre facility heath status, upkeep and plant maintenance schedule
- Perform routine preventative maintenance processes and procedures
- Manage and enforce logical and physical access controls within the data centres
- Management of contractors working on-site in any data centre, provide visitor escort
- Manage IT Comms room
- Be aware of the underlying data centres infrastructure, compliance and procedure controls
- Perform DR exercise activities and provide support during actual DR
- Implement, enhance, review and enforce logical and physical access controls within the data centres
- Implement and maintain asset management within the data centres
- Rack and stack of the IT assets
- Provide visual verifications to assist in remote troubleshooting
- Provide power cycling
- Provide tape media management support
- Requires 5-7 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of systems software / hardware, networks and operating systems
- In depth understanding of critical data centre mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of handling Rack, stack equipment including commissioning of new racks
- Exceptional knowledge of processes and tools utilized for system management, problem reporting, change management and support tools.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to physically perform general office requirements
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, etc.