Software Development, London
NTT DATA is looking for Java Developers with experience of Spring and Hibernate that can work as part of a team or individually to solve complex problems and deliver value aligned to project objectives to join our team working with one of our major Insurance partners.
After a period of training on the products and tools you will be part of the team undertaking project implementations and development of the core product suite. We are passionate about delivery and live the NTT DATA values in parallel with a healthy work/ life balance and a great team spirit.
You will have demonstrable experience of working as a Java Developer, ideally with practical knowledge of Spring and Hibernate.
You’ll be someone who has recent and recent experience covering:
- Java 1.8 + 11, Spring 4.x (DI, Tx, Security, Batch, MVC), Hibernate 5.x, Activiti, GWT, Gin, Camel, CFX, Quartz, Fuse ESB, TestNG, Mockito
- Tomcat, Karaf
- MS SQL Server, MongoDB
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git)
What to expect:
After training on the product suite, tools and development methods used, you will be assigned as a Developer within one of our partner’s project implementation teams.
Working alongside and under the initial guidance of their SMEs, you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of changes/ fixes to the core product suite in line with project timescales
- Reporting progress/ blockers via the tools provided (e.g. JIRA) and at Daily Stand Up meetings
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues when needed without impacting your own delivery timelines
- Adhering to the best practices and ways of working set by the project
- Working collaboratively with multiple project teams and supporting colleagues, which may include assisting with configuration, test data preparation, actively supporting testing, documentation and customer demos
You’ll be someone who:
- Can work as part of a team or individually to solve complex problems and deliver value aligned to the program objectives
- Is passionate about software quality, an advocate for clean code principles and someone who follows best engineering practices
- Is familiar with working in an Agile environment and the reporting tools used to raise tickets, log progress, raise blockers etc.
- Is a self-organised, logical thinker with excellent analysis, problem solving skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills, including previous experience of using MS Office tools
- Is looking to further develop their technical skills and extend/ acquire specialist insurance knowledge
Together with our Insurance partner we aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and to grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. The focus on clients, teamwork and foresight are our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- A vibrant community of likeminded professionals to learn from and share knowledge and best practices
…And much more!