Engagement Lead - Telecommunications
Project / Programme Management, London
Our mission is to build a strong and cohesive community of Project and Programme Managers to support our Tier 1 Telecommunication, Media and Technology clients to build and improve their digital infrastructure and tackle a great variety of technology challenges by leveraging our unparalleled industry knowledge.
Please note that the start date for this role will be February/March 2021.
As an Engagement Lead at NTT DATA UK, you will bring proven stakeholder management, financial management, negotiation and conflict management skills, along with the ability to understand and manage project risks when dealing with uncertainty and to own and resolve project issues. The role requires you to have extensive experience working across one or more of the following areas within the Telecoms industry: Web Software Development, App Software Development, Back Office Systems Development, Operational Systems, Development, Middleware App Deployment
We will be looking for demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Understanding the strategic business objectives and drivers in a complex organisational structure and thinking divergently about new ways of doing things, delivering innovation for both our company and client success.
- Performing in a Programme Manager function in a multi-disciplined, matrixed managed and commercial environment with the Telecoms industry.
- Managing programme finances across Fixed Price and Time and Material engagements.
- Working with clients to understand their business and striving to resolve every concern and showing responsibility to ensure their success.
- Working with Head of Department and Director levels providing appropriate and timely updates to Executive Directors.
What to expect:
In this role, you will establish and manage a programme or portfolio of projects ensuring successful delivery of business outcome to agreed standard, managing financial budgets across programme/projects in excess of £5m. You will manage programmes across a number of technical areas, including Web and App software development, Middleware, Data and more.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and securing appropriate resource to deliver programme/projects.
- Leading a team of project managers to delivery technical capability and associated business process/organisational change.
- Ensuring that the programme/projects produce the required deliverables to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk and time.
- Developing and gaining agreement of the programme/project plan, then providing regular progress reports to key stakeholders, as well as providing all general programme communications.
- Implementing and maintaining a consistent programme management methodology, ensuring associated projects conform to the appropriate governance, including all project documentation.
- Implementing and managing appropriate methodologies to track Risks, Issues and Dependencies.
Our Project Management practice aims to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. The focus on clients, teamwork and foresight are our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment new industries, such as Insurance, Public Sector, etc.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- A vibrant community of 100+ project and programme management professionals to learn from and share knowledge and best practices
…And much more!