What you'll be doing:
NTT DATA UK is looking for a Lead Engineer/Application Architect to join our growing practise specifically focussed on the Law Enforcement/Security services domain.
The role requires a hands-on technical leader with excellent customer facing skills and ability to influence business, architecture and technical stakeholders to manage and deliver successful solutions. You will be providing technical leadership and ownership of projects, guiding the client in shaping their ideas by applying your technical knowledge and experience primarily in cloud native technologies and agile delivery.
You will coordinate and lead teams of Application and DevOps Engineers and continually drive forward quality, standards, tooling and development practices.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Being a hands-on contributor as well as providing technical leadership and support to the team(s) in order to manage and deliver successful solutions.
- Collaborating with other technology teams and technology governance functions to resolve dependencies e.g. interfaces, infrastructure, security.
- Designing and delivering complex full stack digital products encompassing a rich variety of technologies and using a mixture of agile and planned methods.
- Being a trusted technical advisor to customers and solving complex technical challenges, and establishing credibility and deep relationships with senior technical and business individuals within the customers’ organisation, navigating both complex organisation / programme structures.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by writing documentation, creating and leading customer presentations, creating and maintaining solution / data models / interface specifications, reviewing low level designs and help solve technical challenges.
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure within a complex existing client landscape (with pre-defined services and constraints).
- Owning delivery methodology, development practice, quality assurance process, etc. within the team(s) you are responsible for.
- Ensuring solution security compliance and supporting penetration testing assurance exercises in a high risk / trust landscape.
What experience you'll bring:
In order to be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in and a solid understanding of most of the following:
- Experience with delivering integration micro-service patterns in multiple technologies but at least Java Spring Boot in a containerised environment on AWS
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL Cloud DBs and search services such as Elastic / Open Search
- Experience working with streaming data (e.g. Apache Kafka) and AWS native messaging/streaming features
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in incremental delivery of software products.
- Systems design experience in a high risk / assurance environment, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and other methods, along with broad architecture skills, covering application, infrastructure, data and integration.
- Experience in leading software delivery lifecycles (both agile and more traditional forms), including:
- DevOps platforms
- CI / CD services and approaches
- Automated testing
- Experience with DevOps tooling and application hosting services such as:
- Jenkins, Drone, AWS CodeCommit / Pipeline / Deploy
- Atlassian stack, Azure DevOpsDocker / Kubernetes / Function as a Service deployments
- Leading design, delivery and test best practise, covering:
- Test strategies (contract led, automation, etc)
- Security assurance (ITHC, penetration testing)
- ITIL Service Management integration
- Cyber security and insider threat auditing
- Strong appreciation of front end delivery concerns including what well architected front end solutions look like (SPA, mobile and traditional MVC) preferably with knowledge of a FE framework such as React
You will be comfortable working with and influencing varied seniority levels both internally and with clients; and training and educating at all levels.
Education and Experience
- SC Cleared or Residency in the UK for the past 5 years (ideally British Passport Holder)
- Senior Developer experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Knowledge of Law Enforcement domain or security services
- A significant number of large scale, whole lifecycle, project experience
- Proven and successful leadership and delivery
Who we are:
We’re a business with a global reach that empowers local teams, and we undertake hugely exciting work that is genuinely changing the world. Our advanced portfolio of consulting, applications, business process, cloud, and infrastructure services will allow you to achieve great things by working with brilliant colleagues, and clients, on exciting projects.
Our inclusive work environment prioritises mutual respect, accountability, and continuous learning for all our people. This approach fosters collaboration, well-being, growth, and agility, leading to a more diverse, innovative, and competitive organisation. We are also proud to share that we have a range of Inclusion Networks such as: the Women’s Business Network, Cultural and Ethnicity Network, LGBTQ+ & Allies Network, Neurodiversity Network and the Parent Network.
For more information on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion please click here: Creating Inclusion Together at NTT DATA UK | NTT DATA
what we'll offer you:
We offer a range of tailored benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. Our Learning and Development team ensure that there are continuous growth and development opportunities for our people. We also offer the opportunity to have flexible work options.
You can find more information about NTT DATA UK & Ireland here: NTT DATA UK & I