What you'll be doing:
The Developer is part of an agile team contributing to the build of digital products, developing new and enhancing existing software components.
The Developer's primary role is to develop clean code, adhering to SOLID principles that are well-tested, performant and maintainable. They should conform to the agreed development lifecycle, frameworks and quality criteria and collaborate readily with other agile delivery team members to enable the right outcome for the customer. This includes working with Quality Assurance to support test automation, DevOps engineers to support security, configurability and smooth code deployment, plus pairing with other team members / new colleagues to assist with knowledge transfer, onboarding and pair coding/code reviews.
In this role, the Developer will be responsible for:
- Delivery of high-quality development work results (structure, content, form)
- Integrating the application front-end services (with a basic understanding of web front-end technologies)
- Managing the exchange of data between different backend services (owned by separate development teams) and front-end application and third-party API integration
- Development of all server-side logic, working with BA and Quality Assurance to ensure business logic is implemented as required and fully testable
- Introducing and owning technical user stories for integration and service optimisation
- Documenting solutions through flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, clear code and via Confluence/knowledge base articles
- Ensuring compliance with quality guidelines (Unit Tests, Code Quality, Test Driven Development)
- Addressing non-functional requirements and operational/support-relevant topics during conception and implementation (e.g. logging, capacity/performance management, monitoring and distributed tracing/debugging)
- End-to-end thinking during development – supporting and improving releases from test to integration and production environments
- Proactive skill and artefact building about assessing and adopting new technologies
- Presentation and demonstration of concepts and services via show-and-tell demos, tech talks and taking part in direct user feedback and evaluation sessions
- Providing and collaborating to produce development work estimates
- Following agile software development lifecycles, but maintaining foresight to reduce tech debt where possible and not at the cost of good documentation, test automation and non-functional considerations
- Working under pressure and at pace when required to meet urgent client needs
What experience you'll bring:
In order to be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in and a solid understanding of most of the following:
- Delivering integration micro-service patterns using Java Spring Boot
- Applying SOLID principles and creating clean code
- Experience working with streaming data (e.g. Apache Kafka) and messaging architectures
- API specification/design and documentation
- Working with SQL and NoSQL data sources such as Postgres and Mongo
- Experience with DevOps tooling and application hosting services such as:
- Atlassian stack, Azure DevOps / Docker / Kubernetes
- Great attention to detail, organisational skills and a keen analytical mind
- Proven delivery success in large-scale development projects (including, for example, enterprise integration patterns, high assurance / secure services, high throughput/availability non-functional demands)
- Demonstrable collaborative team working and taking ownership of delivery commitments and addressing challenges
Who we are:
We’re a business with a global reach that empowers local teams, and we undertake hugely exciting work that is genuinely changing the world. Our advanced portfolio of consulting, applications, business process, cloud, and infrastructure services will allow you to achieve great things by working with brilliant colleagues, and clients, on exciting projects.
Our inclusive work environment prioritises mutual respect, accountability, and continuous learning for all our people. This approach fosters collaboration, well-being, growth, and agility, leading to a more diverse, innovative, and competitive organisation. We are also proud to share that we have a range of Inclusion Networks such as: the Women’s Business Network, Cultural and Ethnicity Network, LGBTQ+ & Allies Network, Neurodiversity Network and the Parent Network.
For more information on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion please click here: Creating Inclusion Together at NTT DATA UK | NTT DATA
what we'll offer you:
We offer a range of tailored benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. Our Learning and Development team ensure that there are continuous growth and development opportunities for our people. We also offer the opportunity to have flexible work options.
You can find more information about NTT DATA UK & Ireland here: NTT DATA UK & I