Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
Joining our Modern Workplace team, you will be responsible for providing first class customer service in alignment with your technical skills to fulfil as many first time fixes as possible for our clients. Being proactive in nature, you will look at highlighting to senior colleagues where improvements can be made and or potential issues and their related resolutions.
Utilising the experience you will receive though your day to day activities, you will look to show and develop your skills and adapt to emerging technologies used within the EUC estate.
As a people person, you’ll use core customer service skills and ability to communicate confidently to articulate issues and resolutions to all different layers of stakeholders within the clients you will be supporting.
Your attention to detail will maintain the high standards set around the documentation that is created and maintained by the team.
Wanting to progress your career will be a primary motivation for you which NTT DATA will work with you to achieve your aspirations.
What you'll need:
The role expects you to work on your own and as part of the greater team to deliver a successful and always improving service our customer.
You will be responsible for:
- Desktop Client Services including but not limited to - desk-side support, mobile handsets, desktop hardware and software break/fix; installs, IMAC; technology refresh, storage management.
- Desktop Application Services including but not limited to – electronic software distribution, patch management, image management, application packaging, virtualisation.
- Security including but not limited to – antivirus, antimalware, antispyware, encryption, single sign on.
- Complete Laptop, Desktop, and phone builds and setup prior to deployment to the user
- Provide ‘hands on’ support for deployment of new equipment or resolution of faulty equipment
- Provide ‘hands on’ support for AV and Conference facilities.
- Software break/fix; installs and O365 administration
- Printer and Manage Print knowledge
- Assist all IT departments in project work as and when required
- Provide a reliable and knowledgeable source of information on IT hardware, software and working practice.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- Deliver to committed SLAs and KPIs for the service.
- Manage individual incident and request queues in the ITSM tool, to ensure speedy resolution.
- Manage EUC Workplace requests and liaise with onsite and offshore NTT DATA colleagues, CLIENT teams, and 3rd parties in ensuring quality service delivery to CLIENT, and bring failing requests to the attention of the Desktop Team Leaders.
- Management of resolution through third parties contracted to provide support for systems.
- Develop sound knowledge of all IT processes.
- Ensure that all legal and legislative requirements in relation to IT are adhered to and followed.
- On an on-going basis, identify activities that can be performed by first line support – document and hand-over detailed instructions to the NTT DATA Service Desk.
- Ensure day-to-day activities and processes are documented and uploaded on a central repository (adopted by the service) and shared with other NTT DATA colleagues.
- Maintain and update the knowledge base and other tools on a regular basis – detailing known issues & their work-around detailing common/recurring issues & resolution steps
- Strictly adhere to NTT DATA and Client policies, processes and guidelines – including timesheet submission, leave communication/logging, the Security Management Plan etc.
- Maintenance of records and documentation
- Manage asset\stock levels within the ITSM tool (ServiceNow)
Customer / User:
- Provide first class customer service via the onsite Tech Bar to all company users
- Manage the handling and communication between the Company user base and EUC process from initial point of contact through to notification of resolution
- Contribute towards Continual Service Improvement by delivering the actions of the Continual Service Improvement Plan and contribute towards the development and revision of the plan managed by the NTT DATA Service Delivery Manager
- Understand the applicable scope, roles and responsibilities detailed in the contract and carry out the outlined activities efficiently on a day to day basis
- Participate in cross-training sessions across NTT DATA supported services and develop skills to enable support of other services
- Participate in project meetings and provide operational inputs and consultancy. Ensure operational requirements are delivered and formal hand-over is completed before projects go live
- Highlight any operational risks, concerns or issues to the NTT DATA Service Delivery Manager or Team Lead as early as possible
- Be able to travel to other local sites as and when required
- Participate through the rota to cover core hours of 08:00 to 18:00
The focus on Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
Back to search
Email to a friend