You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
An exciting opportunity has come about for a receptionist to join NTT DATA’s growing team permanently. Part of the Facilities Team, this will be a busy role that requires someone who thrives in a busy, people-focused environment where you’ll be the face and first point of contact for NTT DATA external visitors and internal employees.
About You What you’ll be doing:
The ideal candidate will be highly personable, professional, and able to multitask and deal with a busy workload.
You’ll have high attention to detail, and be an enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive person with great team spirit and a passion for dealing with people. As this role is being recruited on a permanent basis, you will need to be happy with working 37.5 hours per week
Desirable experience and qualities :
• You must be able to demonstrate and deliver high-quality Reception duties and excellent customer service
• Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
• Good customer relationship skills demonstrable by experience
• Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
• A team player but able to work under their initiative and able to escalate matters out of their limitations
• Good communications skills
• A desire to develop and undertake training as and when required.
• Customer focused
• Presentable and approachable, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Responsible for managing and the smooth running of the reception area
• Meeting and greeting visitors and clients to the office in a polite, warm, and professional manner, offering refreshments
• Answering the telephone and dealing with visitor queries
• Liaising with contractors and building management to arrange prompt maintenance for the general office
• Ensure premises are opened and secured with agreed procedures
• Courier processing
• Porterage and logistic support services as required – ordering, distribution, and storage of materials and stationery
• Mail distribution
• General security services,
• Acting as Fire Warden and First Aider
• Meeting room set up, bookings, and management
• Organising lunches and supporting events
• Manage the reception inbox and forward inquiry emails where required to relevant staff members
• Assisting with onboarding of new joiners
• Other AD-hoc duties as required …and finally:
What’s Important Firstly, a great team. A supportive and collaborative environment in which we are all equally valued for our contributions to the team and business. The focus on Clients, Teamwork, and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example. We don’t look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA.
• Work for a true people focused business
• Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
• The opportunity to work for a leading technology consulting company with a global reach
• Fantastic employment benefits including 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, holiday buying/selling, the healthcare cash plan, competitive pension contribution, charity volunteering leave • …And much more!