At NTT DATA we are exceptional together and believe in growing by helping others grow, clients, partners and employees.
To achieve our goals our diverse and talented team leads by example. As a technical project manager you will uphold the essence of the company, be a focal point for your team, colleagues and clients and be involved in decisions to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organisation.
We support each other to be who they want to be, work how they work best. This is how we bring innovation, and we build a better future for our people, our business and our society.
As part of our continuous growth, we are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in UK Cloud practice.
• Account Management & Development
Identify business value and work out how new and existing technologies can be of help, developing new opportunities aligned with NTT DATA’s capabilities and value proposition, supported by the Practice Director. Delivery of end-to-end project activities including basic and complex proposal/bidding processes, budget and forecasting management as well as 3rd party, vendor and stakeholder management. Be able to foresee and develop new areas of business with existing clients and projects.
• Management of Sector Knowledge
Be at the forefront of the Engineering and Cloud landscapes to continue developing the Practice’s Cloud strategy, value offer and capabilities. Namely you have:
• Technical background in infrastructure management or application development
• Experience leading migrations to cloud preferably at enterprise level with a good understanding of the best migration strategy (7Rs).
• Experience and good understanding of the different cloud deployment models & service models.
• Good knowledge of containers and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
• Good knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code
• Essential knowledge in Cloud security principles
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Understand the current trends in the market and use this to develop creative thinking contributions from all involved to produce compelling proposals and contribute to our team’s growth.
• Project Delivery
First Class delivery and completion of large, straight forward and complex technology projects. Forming and resourcing multi-disciplinary consultancy teams and ensuring the planning and management of delivery remains within budget and meets agreed schedules.
• Leadership & People Management As we say, at NTT Data we grow by making other people grow so you will be key to ensure our teams can have the career they want. One of your key tasks will be to grow and/or create high-effective teams you can rely on.
Having diverse and inclusive teams is essential to our business so you will provide a safe environment in which all of us can be ourselves and reach our full potential.
• Must have extensive knowledge, experience and network within the Cloud landscape (any vendor experience will be considered but a broad vision of the overall Cloud technologies will be beneficial).
• Solid experience working within a consultancy environment focusing on end to end project delivery management.
• Proven experience acting as the primary liaison with a client
• Have excellent commercial and financial awareness and business acumen.
• Have the ability to manage team’s talent in the most efficient manner keeping in mind the corporate values. Be able to get the best of the capabilities of the people you work with, driving them beyond what the project or service requires.
• Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting relationships.
• Solid experience working within a consultancy focusing on end-to-end project delivery.
• Ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
• Ability and flexibility to adjust to a fast-changing and demanding environment.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of Staff.
Our employees' safety is priority, so currently you will be working from the comfort of your own home most of the time. In the future when we can spend time in some more time of our offices in Bank or Epworth House.
.... And another thing, you will be joining a close-knit team that is supportive and approachable. Which means that as a new joiner, you will always have someone available to offer help and guidance.