Project / Programme Management, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
As an Agile Delivery Lead at NTT DATA, you will work alongside our clients, taking responsibility for providing process leadership and supporting the teams you work with to develop their own high-performance, organisation-specific Agile approach.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing and controlling project budgets, working closely with business owners and programme managers.
- Contributing to business cases and ensuring that business cases get signed off in a timely way.
- Being responsible for the definition of the project, derived from the agreed backlog of work, producing key foundation documentation including project objectives and outcomes and a high-level delivery plan
- Facilitating team sprint ceremonies including sprint planning, stand ups, retros and show and tells.
- Providing effective end-to-end project management, by removing impediments from the team and managing stakeholders' expectations in a transparent way
- Developing and gaining agreement for project plans while establishing a culture that enables feedback, appreciation of changing needs and setting up a collaborative environment with business sponsors, product managers and delivery teams.
What you'll need:
- Significant experience of project management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques and methodologies.
- Advanced stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of agile approaches like Kanban and Scrum. Ideally, you will also have working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies and will hold one or more professional certifications (PRINCE2, APMP, Scrum Master certification, etc.).
- Experience working as a Scrum Master.
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, and other project management tools.
- Awareness of security concepts relevant to the Central Government domain.
- Confident working with Central Government processes and methods, including the GDS Service Standard and Technical Code of Practices.
- Understanding and point of view regarding the current and future trends impacting Central Government.
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other's success and are always honest with one another to ensure we grow together. We aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. Our focus on clients, teamwork and foresight forms our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- 25 days of holidays, with the possibility to buy or sell 5 days within your first month
- A MacBook or laptop
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment within new industries and technologies in both Private and Public Sectors, including Insurance, Automotive, Financial, Government and more.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- Support for training and upskilling
- Industry leading employer pension contributions
- …And much more!