Mainframe monitoring engineer
Technical Consultancy, Dublin
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
Mainframe monitoring engineer will:
- Work on a rota based shift pattern to monitor and manage mainframe jobs of a large Telco service provider in Ireland
- Ensure that the jobs run and complete successfully within the specified timeframe
- Liaise with Level 2 application engineers to recover failed jobs
What you'll need:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Monitoring scheduled mainframe jobs.
- Although jobs run throughout the day, a lot of critical jobs run overnight (out of business hours)
- Prepare jobs during the daytime for the critical jobs that are run during night time
- Manage the jobs in such a way that database base contention is not caused by multiple jobs running at the same time
- Abend the jobs, if required, in order to continue other jobs
- Liaise with Level 2 support engineers to get the abended jobs resolved during daytime.
- Liaise with Level 2 application / database support engineers to recover critical jobs by calling them
- In case of critical job recovery, support DBA and application engineers in re-executing jobs
- Be on a rotating shift pattern from Monday morning to Sunday morning
- Be on standby on some Sundays when critical maintenance activities are scheduled
- Weekend activity consists of scheduled weekly backups and housekeeping along with ad hoc Change requests
- Support database Backups, Recon Reorg, Database Recovery, Batch Backouts.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem determination and resolution during outage or daily issues
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!