Project / Programme Management, London
Who we are:
Our mission is to build a strong and cohesive community of Project and Programme Managers to partner with our clients in the Telco & Media sector. We strive to support our customers in building and improving their digital infrastructure and tackle a great variety of technology challenges by leveraging the knowledge and expertise of our highly specialised Telco & Media teams.
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead an ever shifting portfolio of change projects
- Ensure NTT DATA's clients first and quality principles are upheld on an ongoing basis
- Continual support and assurance for projects within portfolio, point of escalation and support in leading the delivery team
- Responsible for an individual, ensuring we provide status updates on the relevant portfolio with active management of risks and issues
- Responsible for assurance and monitoring ongoing NTT DATA demand, resourcing and delivery quality to align to client delivery demand
- Support the implementation of portfolio-level governance to ensure alignment of senior stakeholders
- Manage the portfolio roadmaps including tracking of lifecycle stages, inter-dependencies, milestones & budget through regular automated dashboards and tooling
- Ensuring a smooth transition of projects from pipeline through to delivery, so we are setup to achieve the desired outcome.
- Design and continually improve an agile portfolio framework
- You will work with the relevant SMEs across the business on balancing business value with technical feasibility and ensuring we support our architectural evolution, technical and business roadmaps
- Engage directly with our technology and business partners, both internal and external.
What you'll need:
To succeed in this role, ideally you should have some experience working in the UK Telco & Media sector. You should also be able to demonstrate most of the following:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience (IT professional services within a global organisation) including 5+ years Experience of managing and delivering scale data solutions into operation through engaging business and technology functions in senior project or delivery management roles.
- In-depth understanding and experience of project planning processes, techniques and methodologies in multi-disciplinary and commercial environments.
- It would be a great asset for you to have a Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, PMP, etc.) and/or an Agile certification. Scale Agile Inc. (SAFe)
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in business and technical portfolio management
- Leading supplier-only or client blended delivery teams from 10 – 100 people.
- Comfortable in leading services delivered from client locations integrated with staff from multiple supplier locations.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing people, teams and adoption of latest techniques
- Our Project Management practice is our UK professional community that provides individuals access to mentoring, subject matter expertise, support and training, to help each other grow and reach their career goals. We have experienced Project Managers (PMs) in leading traditional client-side delivery initiatives, technical solution integration and service delivery, business change programmes, as well as providing clients advisory and coaching support through our team of certified Scaled Agile Programme Consultants and SAFe Practitioners. We are looking for individuals who also share and embody our core values of Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight, and that lead by example.
- To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to move between our expanding industry portfolios across Telco Media, Public Sector, Insurance, Manufacturing & Automotive and Banking, etc.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible at any time, to help you sharpen your PM skills and to further your knowledge across a wide range of related disciplines
- A vibrant community of 170+ project and programme management professionals, to learn and share knowledge and best practice experiences
- …And much, much more!