NTT DATA is a trusted global innovator, employing over 100,000 people in over 50 countries around the world. Despite our scale, we think and act like a start-up, approaching every challenge with creativity and precision. Our services range from Design, Consulting and Business Transformation to Software Engineering and Technology Innovation, and we serve a broad range of sectors.
Headquartered in Tokyo, we bring a slice of our Japanese heritage to our work in the UK. We care about long-term relationships over short-term gains. We focus on the whole over the individual. We aspire to improve society through the ingenious use of Design & Technology.
Tangity, is Part of NTT DATA Design Network, with studios across the globe. We work alongside our colleagues at NTT DATA, to bring together Strategy, Technology and Design. Our aim is to create purposeful products and services that have a positive impact on people and society. We do this by Humanizing Complexity.
You will plan, design and carry out research activities with the people and customers who use the products and services of our clients. Your research will inform policy, services, products, content and design, among other client requirements.
As a result of the insights and learning you will contribute, you must be experienced working in multi-disciplinary, agile teams that include UX designers, product managers, technical architects and engineers, and business analysts, along with a demonstrated track record of educating and influencing through your research the decisions of important stakeholders.
Your first assignment will be within a UK Government department where your research will provide insights to drive innovation and enhance a user centred approach to the design and development of new products and services. A security clearance is mandatory for this role and previous experience leading user research in a UK Government department is preferable.
This is a full-time position based in London UK. We currently work from home but the first assignment may require you to be available for on site interviews, although at this time this is not anticipated for the next 4 months.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will:
· Build user-centred practices in teams, emphasising the diversity of users
· Align user research activities with wider plans to inform a product or proposition
· Supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve research practice
· Understand the diversity of users of government services and the need to make services (and research activities) usable and accessible for everyone
· Identify research needs and select the most appropriate research methods from ethnographies to surveys
· Design, write and present research plans that outline study objectives and method
· Identify target recruits for studies, working closely with the client and team to obtain the appropriate candidates
· Lead primary research interview, focus groups or workshops with users, subject matter experts and stakeholders
· Analyse findings from all methods of research, including quantitative data analysis, to generate meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
· Collaborate with the client and team to review learning and complete analysis and synthesis
· Present findings and any resulting recommendations or strategy in a clear, visual manner - drawing on the design expertise of the team - so that anyone can understand and use the information
· Contribute to engagement with different stakeholders on research findings workshops with stakeholders to identify and priotise their requirements creative solution brainstorming and work sessions with client and team a positive and psychologically safe culture in order to delivery the highest value for a client
· Recent experience with a UK government role or project applying user centred and agile practices
· 4+ years’ experience in User Research (UX), ideally in consultancy firms, research agencies, large research teams or organisations where research has been critical in facilitating data-driven business decisions
· Proven ability to design and execute an effective research plan that delivered on the objectives
· Excellent presentation skills, meaning you can deliver actionable insights and make clear recommendations while taking into account the interests and existing knowledge of your audience
· Excellent written and verbal English
· A multi-disciplinary team-oriented personality and the ability to work well with a variety of people who come from different departments, disciplines and backgrounds