You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
The primary purpose of the Change Management role is to effectively manage change in the IT function and wider business with the introduction of new IT services and change management. As well as providing support for the Major Incident Management IT and Service Operations function as a whole.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Exemplary written English and time-keeping skills
• Experience of working for a managed service provider
• Working understanding of ITIL principles and concepts
• IT literate with a working understanding of software development, application, networking, server, storage, security, backup and virtualisation principles and concepts
• Strong senior stakeholder management skills, capable of asking the 'right' questions
• Previous experience in implementing change management processes and obtaining cultural buy-in
• Educating IT staff on the change management process
• Leading change advisory board (CAB) meetings to all including senior stakeholders.
• Logically assessing changes, coordinating technical and business risk assessments, ensuring completion
• Escalate assessment delay issues
• Approving changes for deployment & managing schedule conflicts
• Interfacing into release, environment and configuration management functions as required
• Ensuring CMDB updates are completed
• Perform End to End Change management activities, including reporting, trending, post implementation reviews
• Escalating to IT management if an unauthorised change is discovered, following through to corrective action• Managing Emergency changes & governing these through to implementation efficiently
• Proposing and implementing improvements to the change management process
• Approving requests for new standard changes to be added to the standard change library
• Continually reviewing standard change library to ensure content remains applicable and accurate
• Having a good understanding of the Major Incident Management process
• Providing cover & support for the Major Incident IT function (both in & out of hours)
• Providing flexible support coverage across operational working hours for colleagues
• Providing on-call support Out-Of-Hours, for the support of Major Incidents & Emergency Changes
• Delivering innovative & strategic concepts to improve the overall service, across all functions
• Supporting the Service Operations Manager with wider service improvement and transformation initiatives, as required
• Working closely with technical architects and wider IT function to assess suitability of IT solutions
• Assessing the existing underlying infrastructure in order to inform decisions around which solutions are fit for purpose
• Suggesting areas for improvement across IT landscape as appropriate to support the delivery ambitions of the digital transformation programme
• Taking a leading role in the introduction of new services, championing best practice and acting as change manager
• Forging relationships across the organisation and within all functions to ensure new IT services and solutions are adopted
• Dealing with outgoing, incumbent and new suppliers to ensure service is delivered to expected levels
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other's success and are always honest with each other to ensure we grow together. We aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. Our focus on clients, teamwork and foresight forms our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
…And much more!