Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master - Public Sector
Project / Programme Management, London
We are looking for experienced Scrum Masters and Agile Project Managers to join our team to support our Central Government customers in building and improving their digital infrastructure and digital services and tackle a great variety of technology challenges by leveraging the knowledge and expertise of our Public Sector teams. By joining us, you will join a team of UK Public Sector consultants who are Industry expert and are on a mission to support national and local projects that have a real impact on everyone's life.
To succeed in this role, ideally you should have some experience working in the UK Public Sector. If you have worked in Central Government projects, it will be a plus. You should also be able to demonstrate most of the following:
- Awareness of security concepts relevant to the Central Government domain.
- Confident working with Central Government processes and methods, including the GDS Service Standard and Technical Code of Practice
- Understanding and point of view regarding the current and future trends impacting Central Government.
- Significant experience of portfolio / project management in a multi- disciplined and commercial environment
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of portfolio / project planning processes, techniques and methodologies
- Advanced stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills
Ideally, you will also have working knoweldge of Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies and will hold one a professional certification (PRINCE 2, APMP, Scrum Master Certification, etc.).
What to expect:
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and controlling small project budgets working closely with Business Owner/Programme Manager within Central Government e.g. a central project budget up to £2m
- Contributing to business cases and ensuring that business cases get signed off in a timely way
- Responsible for the definition of the project derived from the agreed business scope and requirements producing key foundation documentation including Project Definition Report, governance and control documentation and schedules
- Providing end-to-End project management effectively managing and controlling change, quality and configuration
- Developing and gaining agreement to project plan; provides regular progress reports to key stakeholders
- Operating effective project controls employing effective Risk, Issue and Dependency management
- Operating Project continuous improvement via Lessons Learnt and post-implementation review mechanisms
Our Project Management practice is our UK professional community that provides individuals access to mentoring, subject matter expertise, support and training, to help each other grow and reach their career goals. We have experienced Project Managers (PMs) in leading traditional client-side delivery initiatives, technical solution integration and service delivery, business change programmes, as well as providing clients advisory and coaching support through our team of certified Scaled Agile Programme Consultants and SAFe Practitioners. We are looking for individuals who also share and embody our core values of Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight, and that lead by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to move between our expanding industry portfolios across Telco Media, Public Sector, Insurance, Manufacturing & Automotive and Banking, etc.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible at any time, to help you sharpen your PM skills and to further your knowledge across a wide range of related disciplines
- A vibrant community of 120+ project and programme management professionals, to learn and share knowledge and best practice experiences
- …And much, much more!