At NTT DATA are exceptional together and we believe in growing by helping others grow, clients, partners, and employees.
In order to achieve our goals, our diverse and talented team leads by example. As a Leader, you will uphold the essence of the company, be a focal point for your team, colleagues, and clients, and be involved in decisions to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organisation.
We support each other to be who they want to be and work how they work best. This is how we bring innovation, and how we build a better future for our people, our business, and our society.
We provide a safe environment in which all of us can be ourselves and reach our full potential. Our success comes from our people, regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, or anything else that can be used to differentiate people because we are exceptional together.
As part of our continuous growth, we are looking for an Azure Data Architect to join our team in London.
• Defining the data architecture as part of a data solution (e.g. ETL, data integration and data migration) or a wider program, such as a digital transformation.
• Setting the direction and acting as technical lead for a technical team delivering Azure platform solutions, and when required on-prem data solutions.
• Building conceptual and physical data models, optimised for operational or analytical use cases.
• Estimating and providing Rough-Order-Of Magnitude (ROM) sizings for change.
• Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup).
• Providing Quality Assurance, reviewing the development.
• Proving expertise and coaching to less experienced members of the Data Practice in Microsoft Azure Data Services.
• Contributing to the methods, and standards and keeping abreast of the technical advances in data engineering for the Data Practice.
• Demonstrating how Azure Data Services can be exploited in the success of cloud migration and digital transformation opportunities.
• Architecting data platforms on the Microsoft Azure platform.
• Designing conceptual and physical data architectures.
• Producing high-level blueprints, and reference architectures.
• Defining outline data models and data entity relationships.
Solid skills in
• Designing modern cloud-based Data Platform solutions with a sound understanding of architectural concepts (e.g. Platform as a Service cloud computing and Distributed Parallel architecture).
• Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and a clear understanding of defining data architecture framework, standards and principles.
• Mapping data from source to target and establishing current & future states based on business data requirements.
• Data Warehousing, ETL / Data Processing, Data Migration.
• Working Knowledge of Data Modeling Tools (Erwin Data Modeler, etc.)
• Master Data Management (MDM) systems.
Awareness of / Nice to have;
• Developing data platforms using a wide range of Azure Services including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory and Azure Blob storage, HDInsight, and Machine Learning Studio.
• Data Visualisation techniques.
• Microsoft BI stack and more advanced warehousing options (e.g. Hadoop, etc.).
• Designing analytics and machine learning solutions using Azure Databricks platform.
• Data Cleansing, Data Quality and Data Governance tools and methods.
• DevOps/ DataOps methods in the development of data solutions.
Our employees' safety is the priority, so currently you will be working from the comfort of your own home most of the time. In the future when we can spend time in some more time of our offices, in Oxford Circus, Bank or Epworth House. As a result, you will be able to enjoy London’s vibrant dynamics!
.... And another thing, you will be joining a close-knit team that is supportive and approachable. This means that as a new joiner, you will always have someone available to offer help and guidance.
How to apply: We appreciate that you may not have an up to date CV, so please just send what you have and let's organise a chat!