Software Development, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
Your primary role would be to actively aid the client team in different phases of the project focusing on End to End API delivery which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s)
- Create REST API service design documentation, implement requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response transformations etc. using the API management platform
- Design and develop API specifications using OpenAPI Specifications/YAML.
- Standardize the CI/CD setup using GIT workflows / Jenkins and automated build, deployment and tests for APIs
- Collaborating with Client SMEs, Solution designers, business analysts, API engineers and backend engineers to improve the quality of our APIs and assist in establishing best practices/processes across our products.
- Advance planning on necessary technical measures and measures to improve the architectural quality of the solutions
- Full participation in the agile development process
- Creation of technical user stories to implement technical and architectural measures
- Engage in the estimation of user stories with the Team
What you'll need:
You must have:
- Good understanding of integration design patterns
- 2+ years of experience in implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market-leading API Management tools such as Apigee
- Solid knowledge of APIGEE, API, backend server components and performance optimization
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2, OIDC, etc.
- Knowledge of how to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- 1+ years of experience working with APIGEE SaaS platforms
- Hands-on experience in Apigee Configurations, Management, and APIGEE testing.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub Workflows) for Apigee proxies deployment automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies
- Experience with Node or some other backend frameworks
- Cloud experience work on GCP App Engine, AWS lamda or Azure Functions
- Working in an Agile methodology / project
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other's success and are always honest with each other to ensure we grow together. We aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. Our focus on clients, teamwork and foresight forms our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- 25 days of holidays, with the possibility to buy or sell 5 days within your first month
- A MacBook or laptop
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment within new industries and technologies in both Private and Public Sectors, including Insurance, Automotive, Financial, Government and more.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- Support for training and upskilling
- Industry leading employer pension contributions
- …And much more!