Who we are:
The project – HSBC MyWorkspace
- Working on a staff product used by front line employees (Branch staff, or Contact centre agents).
- This product is used by staff to service the bank’s customers. E.g. lost card, open/close account, update profile etc.
- Global redesign / transformation programme from a range of existing tools.
- Multiple markets – global product. Stakeholders in diverse locations. Need to adapt the product to local requirements.
The role + type of activities expected from the candidate
- Senior Interaction Designer (100% UX)
- a Senior Product Designer could potentially work as well (70% UX / 30% UI, up to 50/50?, I’ll let Roger comment on that)
- Working closely with various BA teams – and PO
- Understanding complex requirements
- Being able to get clarity on requirements, challenge these when needed, able to feedback on product roadmap / prioritisation
- Preparing and driving workshops (co-creation / focus groups with SMEs, Product Owners, End-users)
- Understanding the different types of users
- Being able to extract ‘real’ needs from analysing existing tools + sessions with users/SMEs.
- Proposing concepts – vision pieces (Sketching / prototyping ideas that can be shared).
- Thinking at the product level (holistically – not at a ‘feature level’)
- Strong collaboration with other designers/researchers
- Collaborate with your NTT/Tangity design team, as well as with the client design teams and Governance team
- Plan and estimate design work
- Working closely with visual designers to help define UI components and the overall
- Being happy to work with pre-existing design system / toolkits
- Documenting UX documents (user journeys, annotated wireframes, interactive prototypes where needed)
- Working closely with Dev teams (design walkthrough / QA)
- Defining Usability Testing goals
- Used to work in Agile set-ups (sprints, iterative process)
- Previous exposure to financial sector could help.