Service Transition Manager
Project / Programme Management, Berkshire (Reading)
Service Transition Manager
We are looking for Service Transition Managers to join our team and work alongside a large national Telco operator supporting the Transition of Technology Services as part of a wider cross-functional Transformation initiative for their Business and Consumer end-customers.
In order to succeed in this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation.
- Knowledge and experience of various project delivery methodologies are desirable: i.e. Prince2 (Waterfall) and Scaled Agile.
- Experience working in a Service Management environment or in a similar role with a Service Transition methodology.
- Working in a matrix management operational delivery model.
- Experience with bespoke software development and package implementations in Finance, HR, Payroll, Customer Management and Supply Chain.
- Extensive experience in Cutover Planning, Data Migration, Business Change Management and Service Transition Management.
- 3rd Party / Supplier Management (Partners, Software Suppliers, Contracting Teams, On and Offshore development teams, Service Partners).
- Working hands-on knowledge with the Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira Kanban/Scrum and Jira Align), Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project, Teams/SharePoint and Visio).
What to expect:
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all programme and project transitions move seamlessly into live operations. This will require you to routinely collate and document operational, technical and business readiness requirements, clarify the acceptance criteria that will be used, and to complete impact assessments of the deliveries to ensure suitability before allowing them to pass a “go/no-go” quality gate process.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Capturing and validating the operational and technical delivery, and business requirements at the on-set of a project
- Working across the whole IT provisioning supply chain, with customer organisations, the organisational business functions, 3rd party delivery and service partners and a mix of IT suppliers.
- Building and maintaining strong Stakeholder Management relationships will be key to the success of the role as the successful individual will be expected to work in the best interests of the client business.
- Validating that the User Acceptance Testing Requirements and Test Plan required for the project have been correctly captured by a BA and passed across to the Systems Integration Partner or Manager to ensure that these have been completed sufficiently prior to a Go-Live gate.
- Providing regular Project / Programme Board Reports on progress, IAs and readiness to an extended team of stakeholders, including other senior Service Transition Directors, Operational Service Delivery Directors and other business stakeholders as required.
Our Project Management practice is our UK professional community that provides individuals access to mentoring, subject matter expertise, support and training, to help each other grow and reach their career goals. We have experienced Project Managers in leading traditional client-side delivery initiatives, technical solution integration and service delivery, business change programmes, as well as providing clients advisory and coaching support through our team of certified Scaled Agile Programme Consultants and SAFe Practitioners. We are looking for individuals who also share and embody our core values of Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight, and that lead by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to move between our expanding industry portfolios across Telco Media, Public Sector, Insurance, Manufacturing & Automotive and Banking, etc.
- An online training platform with 3,000+ courses, accessible at any time, to help you sharpen your PM skills and to further your knowledge across a wide range of related disciplines
- A vibrant community of 120+ project and programme management professionals, to learn and share knowledge and best practice experiences
- …And much, much more!