Senior Support Analyst - TIS
Technical Support, Dublin
Senior Support Analyst - TIS
TIS Support Analyst is responsible for the support and maintenance of Fixed billing platform for NTT DATA’s Telecom client. A team of TIS Support Analysts will work cohesively to resolve incidents in accordance with established Service Level Agreements. Following the ITIL framework, the team of analysts will strive to implement service improvements in order to improve the level of service provided by NTT DATA to it’s client
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for resolution of Level 1 and Level 2 incidents in accordance with established Service Level Agreements
- Carry out investigation by studying the service logs, troubleshooting guides to identify the cause of the issue and carry out necessary steps to provide L1/L2 resolution to the incident and reinstate the operational service
- Be available 24 x 7 on ROTA to investigate and resolve Priority 1 and Critical incidents.
- Manage the incident with Level 3 / Level 4 teams. i.e., be responsible for managing the end to end resolution of tickets that includes raising ticket with Level 3 / Level 4 teams and following up with them until the incident is resolved.
- Report progress of incident resolution in an unambiguous and timely manner
- conduct thorough impact and root cause analysis of the incident and publish the findings in the form of incident report
- Create or update knowledge articles based on the incident and problem learning.
- Create and update knowledge articles to improve process adherence, to provide how-to/self-service guidance in order to reduce end-user dependency on operations team
- Responsible for deployment of application code or configuration changes in the production environment
- Maintain pre-production environment at the production level.
- Carry out operational acceptance testing (OAT) of new changes on pre-production environment.
- Carry out daily Application Health Check proactively to catch any symptoms that might lead to incidents and implement/take measures proactively to avoid incident occurrence
- Maintain platform stability, performance and resilience through proactive monitoring of system and schedule checks, CPU, memory and storage checks, integration queues, database growth and other integration, event and error log.
- Monitoring of scheduled tasks logs/alerts to ensure they run and complete as expected
- Maintain support documentation upto date.
- Responding to business user queries
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of IT professional experience within a global organisation
- 5+ years’ experience with Fixed billing platform
- 5+ years’ experience with Mainframe, IMS/DB2 and mantis
- 5+ years’ experience in Telecommunications service
- 5+ years’ experience of support analyst experience with in-depth ITIL framework knowledge
- Should have the ability to identify right prioritisation of incidents, which requires in-depth billing domain knowledge
- Should be able to switch between various tasks seamlessly
- Capable of dealing with intense situation during P1 or critical incidents and remain focussed on the resolution of incidents.
- Capable of analysing new requirements and provide solution delivery estimates