Join NTT DATA in the UK and you will be joining a growing company where you will be more than just another employee. With an entrepreneurial attitude you will have the opportunity to grow your career and stand out from the crowd. At NTT DATA we help develop innovative business and IT for some of the most respected organisations in the public and private sectors.
NTT DATA are hiring a Program Test Director to provide direction to the team Assist on the creation and maintenance of project and release plans which include QA / test activities. Escalate any key quality and testing issues and concerns, whilst pitching proposals to mitigate/resolve. Motivating and driving the test team with technical leadership and vision. Engage and immerse the team in the broader business vision to maintain full alignment across the Programme
What to expect:
- Key Stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior leadership in the organisation, from Product teams, Project Management to Operations and Architecture
- To escalate any key quality and testing issues and concerns, whilst pitching proposals to mitigate/resolve
- Setting and holding a high quality bar, in line with the business’s commitments to customers, managing appropriately any accepted risks
- Oversee the preparation of test plans and test scripts for key engineering releases and deliverables
- Establish, evolve, and maintain Functional and Performance QA/Test strategies for Product Engineering, balancing the needs of automation, with manual / exploratory testing
- Leverage technical experience and depth to help engineering bring more automation and efficiency to the development process, for higher frequency high quality releases.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage QA Engineers/Teams in multiple locations across the geographical locations (mainly onsite offshore – UK/India model)
- Create a culture of transparency, ownership, collaboration, accountability and quality
- Build a strong team with Quality Engineers to improve quality in products and to help build new automation frameworks and maintain and improve existing ones.
- Reinforce best practices and influence and empower the development team to build quality into everything they do, driving a culture of quality across supported organizations.
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders including release managers, test leads, and other suppliers and stakeholders.
- Routinely interface with senior business leaders and other senior members of the team.
- Demonstrate operational excellence, by way of managing continuous improvement programs and implementing standard tools and best practices.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Drive and influence a culture of quality across all levels
- Managing team’s performance of delegated responsibility
- Establishing formal reporting arrangements on programme or project progress
- Defining criteria for control and management of the programme or project
- Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the programme or project from the programme manager
- Establishing a mechanism to ensure regular dialogue with senior stakeholders, 3rd party vendors to promote problem solving, team working and risk sharing
Managing complex programmes in a matrix structure you will also have:
- Experience in managing large BSS transformation programmes
- A track-record as a self-starter, who enjoys daily problem solving, and who welcomes the opportunity to shape and execute ambiguous work streams as the situation demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to evidence flexibility, technical knowhow and a willingness to learn quickly
- Experience of planning and managing test phases
- Experience across all phases of the software testing life cycle
Our focus on helping our clients deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives.
By providing coaching at a team level we assess delivery environments in order to recommend engineering practices, tailored to the client’s needs.
Benefits Include but not exclusive;
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- A fast paced and exciting working environment
- Competitive Benefits Package