Technical Portfolio Delivery Manager
Project / Programme Management, London
At NTT DATA UK, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Portfolio Delivery Manager working in our Public Services business, at a leading public body in the Healthcare sector. Experience of working in similar domains in what can be a high-pressured environment is preferable.
This role will join an existing team comprising a Service Delivery Manager, Infrastructure and Network architects along with a team of infrastructure and network engineers. This role will have overarching responsibility for the delivery of a portfolio of small and larger projects and changes to the production environment.
In normal operations, you will work full-time on client site in Canary Wharf, London, with a potential need to attend a second facility near the A1M/M25 Junction. Work is currently remote but with an expectation that the customer’s offices will re-open in the coming months.
The role requires a combination of hands-on delivery experience at directly leading infrastructure, IT and network change projects for clients. You will also need to manage a portfolio of different sized initiatives, which could range from a small focused technical change requests, up to large transformational change (upgrade) projects.
To succeed in this role, you need to demonstrate the following:
- Direct project management experience and knowledge in overseeing the technical delivery of Infrastructure, IT and Networking solutions at an enterprise level.
- Strong technical awareness and experience of managing projects in the following domains: Microsoft Servers/Exchange/O365, VMware, Citrix, VDI Unix/Linux, Public Cloud (Azure/AWS), Networking technologies, and Automation tools gained in a previous hands-on technical role.
- Experience of performing the role of an advisory Consultant with a client, providing direction on the best solutions and services required to meet the business needs.
- Able to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation as well as being able to troubleshoot and resolve complex low-level technical problems and incidents with the technical support teams.
- Excellent communication skills and experience developing peer-level relationships with senior customer representatives.
- Will be commercially experience and be comfortable negotiating statement of work scope and commercial terms for projects and changes in line with the existing contract.
What to expect:
As a Technical Portfolio Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day client engagement for these projects and directing a team of technical infrastructure, IT and network architects and specialists who will complete most of this work throughout the delivery life cycle. You will also work closely with a knowledgeable Managed Service team who provide BAU support services to the same client, using a catalogue, service desk and service request regime.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To act as the onsite delivery lead on all technical projects involving infrastructure, IT and network customer queries.
- To provide on-site primary point of contact leadership for all client projects across customer platforms, including health checks, reporting, and act as a technical escalation and co-ordination point for major incidents.
- Provide portfolio management controls, governance and reporting of all the running projects and road-mapped initiatives in the future backlog, so that activities are prioritised based on client criticality and benefits/value added.
- Proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance. This may result in agreement for issues tagged as changes, and spawning new projects for additional scope or requirements.
- Working with the account architects, provide leadership over the design, delivery and implementation life cycle of new infrastructure platforms, including ensure that appropriate documentation is created (e.g. HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.) for each solution.
- Able to develop infrastructure roadmaps, customer proposals, impact assessments and statements of work for the delivery of further projects, solutions and services.
- Developing strong relationships with other architects, engineers and service managers within the Shared Service Centre to provide and share technical issue resolution and knowledge and to identify recurring service Problems that need a project fix (i.e. CSI).
Our Project Management practice aims to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. The focus on clients, teamwork and foresight are our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment new industries, such as Insurance, Public Sector, etc.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- A vibrant community of 100+ project and programme management professionals to learn from and share knowledge and best practices
- …And much more!