Tangity is a global, leading user experience and technology design brand based in the heart of London. Part of the NTT DATA family, we have a reputation for designing and building compelling digital solutions that help consumers and business users get things done – simply, beautifully and effectively. Our award-winning creations have set new standards for clients such as across multiple sectors.
We are currently looking to expand our UX team, and are looking for UX Designers to work on our highest value and most challenging client engagements.
As a UX Designer, you will focus on our clients’ products and services, developing a strong empathy with those who use them. Armed with this empathy, you will craft design concepts that meaningfully improve the user experience of those products. You will take those concepts from paper or whiteboard sketches through to detailed, precise wireframes and prototypes that allow developers to understand the detail behind your proposals. As part of a growing design team, you will have the chance to contribute fresh ideas and ways of working.
What to expect:
Role responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders and subject matter experts, and exploring how these can be translated into a compelling design concept
- Participating in collaborative sketching workshops alongside colleagues and client stakeholders
- Participate and lead workshops
- Collaborating with other interaction designers to carry out user research, discovering the insights that will guide your concepts
- Carrying out user testing remotely and/or in person
- Illustrating user journeys, personas and goals, information models and more
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary
- Producing wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to stakeholders, potential users, developers and other audiences
- Providing developers and business analysts with detail about your design concepts, through annotations and/or verbal briefings
- Actively seeking out feedback and constantly challenging both your own ideas and those of others on your team
- Working closely with UI Designer to collaboratively sketch out early thinking and to iterate on detailed interaction design work
- Presenting and defending work to stakeholders
You have a talent and passion not only for UX design but also for information architecture, prototyping, and user research. You are deeply curious about people — their motives, their environments, the things they are trying to achieve — and recognise that they are at the core of any design project you carry out. Bad user experiences frustrate you and you would take every opportunity you get to eliminate them. Your career as a professional interaction designer is off to a promising start but you are looking for a new set of challenges to help your skills develop.
Your career might previously have led you into a related field — for example visual design, business analysis or development — but you are now keen to develop a deep specialism in interaction design.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of UX role in either a client or agency environment
- You are adept at creating sketches to explore and communicate your ideas
- Experience in Mobile, web and responsive environments
- Creation of user journeys and experience maps essential
- Experience running user research and user testing essential
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends
- You have experience of UX tools, such as Axure, InVision, Sketch. Experience in Zeplin and Userzoom would be desirable
- Preferably, you’ll have designed products and services with complex user interfaces
- A knowledge and understanding around accessibility within design
- Ability to confidently participate in and lead workshops with key stakeholders and clients
- Experience within Telecommunications is desirable
- Experience working within an Agile environment desirable
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of analytics desirable
- Whilst not essential, it would be nice if you had an understanding of HTML5 and CSS, AEM, Angular and CMS systems
- Experience with JIRA a bonus