Business Analyst - Telecommunications
Business Consultancy, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what make us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
Due to ongoing growth we are always looking for Business Analysts with extensive Telecoms industry experience to join our UK team, supporting our established Tier 1 Telco Media clients. At NTT DATA UK, we support our Telco clients across a variety of technology and digital transformation projects by leveraging our unparalleled industry knowledge.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding of delivery methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- General understanding of business systems and networks (BSS, OSS)
- Business process design and improvement
- Mapping customer journeys
- Analysing, documenting and managing business requirements and providing functional assurance
- Deliverables and acceptance definition, building, managing and validating Requirements Traceability
- Communications planning and management
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Interacting with clients, both internal and external, to supply information.
- Delivery - BA deliverables planning and management & workshop planning and facilitation
- Conducting impact assessment and supporting business change activities
- Preparing / Reviewing user acceptance test scenarios and scripts
- Producing and presenting reports, business cases and other client deliverables
- Assisting with the creation of presentations and other materials for end user training.
- Primary and secondary research gathering.
What you'll need:
- Experience of working as a business analyst in a major consultancy and the ability to demonstrate core consulting values
- An appreciation of telecommunication and media market trends
- An understanding of core telecommunication business processes
- Excellent client facing skills
- Ability to independently drive one’s deliverable sand workstream independently
- Working collaboratively with clients and delivery teams to deliver a first class service
- Experience and understanding of end to end system integration deliveries
- A sound approach to problem solving and adapt rapidly to changing situations as well as customer’s ways of working.
- A very high standards of written, spoken and presentation English.
- Knowledge of the change control process and the ability to analyse change to minimise impact on requirements and implementation