You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
We are currently recruiting for a ServiceNow Developer who has good or excellent knowledge of the ServiceNow platform. This person should be able to work independently from previously documented business requirements and develop great solutions for our clients which are performant and adhere to ServiceNow best practice. You should also have the confidence to refer requirements back for clarification if needed and demonstrate solutions to our clients upon completion.
This role would ideally suit someone who comes from a development background and has at least two years working as a developer on the ServiceNow platform. Ideally, this person will have a decent understanding of several products within ServiceNow, for example: ITSM, ITBM, Portal, Service Catalogue, Workflows, form configuration etc.
This person must be able to develop solutions on both the client and server side, as well as assist in building integrations and preferably portal development, including UI page and widget creation. Any gaps in this knowledge can be filled with additional training and support.
We can offer excellent remuneration, training and career progression. The recruit will have the opportunity to shape a new and growing ServiceNow practice in the UK.
Below are the main responsibilities expected. Additional responsibilities may be identified in future which will be commensurate with the role.
• Work closely with the client, business analysts and consultants and develop excellent solutions in ServiceNow
• Estimate development effort and help to plan sprints accordingly
• Work closely with Business Analysts and consultants to understand and clarify requirements
• Understand Acceptance Criteria and ensure stories are developed without flaws and ready for UAT
• Advise on technical challenges and explain these to non-technical stakeholders
• Work individually or as part of a team as needed to develop the final solution
• Demonstrate developed solutions to the client
Below are the main competencies required. Additional competencies may be identified in future which will be commensurate with the role.
• Extremely competent in software development languages and techniques
• Excellent ServiceNow knowledge in one or more of these areas: ITSM, ITBM, CSM, HRSD
• Excellent understanding of the ServiceNow platform administration
• Ability to configure the ServiceNow platform to the needs of the customer
• Fully conversant in Agile framework including story estimation & sprint planning
• Ability to develop (or learn) integrations using Integration Hub, Flow Designer, REST, etc
• Ability to develop (or learn) portal development and widget creation
• Ability to develop (or learn) Agent Workspace functionality
• Ability to develop (or learn) Mobile and / or Scoped Applications in App Engine
• Familiarity with ITIL methodology and procedures