Resourcing & Operations Manager
Business Operations, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
The Operations Manager supports the Service Line Director to efficiently and predictably execute business priorities to high levels of client satisfaction and delivered solution quality. They are responsible for capacity planning, resourcing, utilisation and financial forecasting within the Division. They are also responsible for selected improvement programmes and ad-hoc activities, as required by the business.
- Support the Service Line Director in ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the Service Line and reporting of appropriate activities
- Is part of the wider operations team in the Delivery function, supporting the Director of Operations as required
- Works in partnership with Service Line Director and Practice Heads to:
- o Managing resourcing within the Service Line, ensuring escalations are handled appropriately, making priority calls where needed
- Tracking staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Delivery Managers / Client Directors where appropriate
- Managing and controlling staff availability while minimising down time
- Supporting Practice recruitment, working closely with the Recruitment team to meet demand
- Agree resource plans/strategy for all approved bids
- Enable Practices to develop and implement medium to long-term staffing strategies, including upskilling plans
- Accountable for managing operational rhythms; including weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule for planning, reporting and tracking performance, integrating with company-wide schedules
- Responsibility for operational processes within the Service Line
- Enforcing compliance of the month end closure process within their sector/region including timesheet submission and approval as well as review of revenue and costs, invoicing, and debt collection
- Continuous improvement of operational processes
- Develop mitigation strategies and actions against operational risks against the P&L
- Accountable for managing and supporting Service Line relationships with other internal functions such as Recruitment, Finance, HR
- Multiple ad-hoc activities to ensure the smooth running of the business
What you'll need:
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers yet highly pragmatic
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- ‘The answer is yes, the question is how’ attitude
- Significant experience in an operations or consulting environment, with notable experience managing senior stakeholders
- Experience in staff management and allocation in professional services environment considering both the project and the individual’s needs
- Solid understanding of all operational aspects within a business including experience of revenue, staff and recruitment forecasting
- Strong commercial awareness within a professional services environment with evidence of P&L management responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of creating, managing and improving process
- Experience of formal presentations and interviewing
- Flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all offices as required
The focus on Clients First, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!