Managed Service Transition Manager
Technical Consultancy, Birmingham
The Service Transition Manager will be responsible for planning and execution of knowledge transitions from clients and their incumbents into an NTT DATA managed service. This role will oversee the coordination of all activities required for a successful transition.
The person playing this role will build working relationships with key client, incumbent and NTT DATA stakeholders and provide ongoing governance oversight to knowledge transitions.
The role will report into the Practice Lead for Applications Management & Outsourcing, and will sit within the Managed Service service-line within NTT DATA.
- Attention to detail, client facing experience, results oriented, analytical thinking
- Experience working in a managed services environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills in order to drive the team to results
- Confident leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has a demonstrable knowledge of the end to end delivery lifecycle underpinned by best practice quality measures and approval gates to move to business as usual service
- Can communicate the lifecycle of service transition from existing model to a managed service.
- Ability to engage project and service stakeholders up to a senior level with confidence.
- Strong analysis capability and ability to drive service definition, introduction and improvement
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
What to expect:
- Define and agree the Transition Plan for knowledge transitions
- Work with managed service delivery teams to create resource mobilisation plans in line with knowledge transition requirements, and plan the ‘cut-over’ of service from transition to steady state
- Oversee end-to-end execution of the knowledge transition, including planning and execution of the governance function to track and monitor transition progress
- Manage transition RAID and work with client, incumbent and NTT DATA teams to resolve any obstacles to successful execution of knowledge transition
- Act as the gatekeeper for all NTT DATA knowledge transition related collateral, such as templates, documents and other artefacts
- Be part of bid teams when responding to client RFIs/ITTs/RFPs etc and contribute to creation of cost models for knowledge transition
- Participate in preparation and delivery of client presentations and represent the transition management competency
- Assisting in defining and evolving the service design process
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!