Testing, Berkshire (Slough)
NTT DATA are hiring a Test Analyst specialising in Data Migration testing (ETL) to work with our clients on major business transformation programmes focusing on the data migraton testing activities. The individual will need to be able to self-motivate and work within larger test teams to help understand the requirements, plan, create, execute and record results against the necessary test cases and test activities.
It's essential that you have experience across the following areas:
- Experience of a wide range of SLDC methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Kanban, behavioural-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
- ISTQB Testing (Advanced / Practitioner) or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of automated testing and release processes, and how to apply automation across both test and release
- Experience in the Release Management Life Cycle
- An expert in test design techniques and able to take accountability for the quality and comprehensiveness of the overall test design
- Experience with Test data creation and mining using test data management tools (Delphix; Informatica DVO or equivalent).
- Exposure to ERP and CRM platform implementation and migrations
- Good understanding of various database technologies (DB2, Teradata, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL server, Big data/Hadoop)
- Automation experience using TDM Tools, QTP, Excel Macros or similar tools
- Ability to write queries/macros/scripts using tools like SQL, VB, QTP, Selenium and XML
What to expect:
Crucial experience covers:
- Hands on experience with data migration testing and various data migration (ETL) tools such as Informatica Power Center, Xplenty, AWS, Oracle Data Integrator, Talend Data Integration, Stitch & Skyvia
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Identify ways of improving the test data creation process.
- Able to work with Product owner, Business owner and data engineers to understand the data being migrated
- Able to work with integration and migration teams to explain data migration issues identified during testing
- Ability to triage and appropriately assign defect priority / severity based on the data issue identified during testing
- Work directly with the Test Data Manager or Test Data requester on understanding and processing the test data requests.
- Allocate and manage test data on all platforms using TDM tools.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data flow diagrams and database design development
- Good understanding of data masking/scrubbing/obfuscation techniques
- Support test data requirement gathering sessions and help the team focus development that makes the greatest test data strategic impact
- Promote test data literacy and support evangelise test data reuse
- Exposure to BSS, OSS systems.
Enjoying your work is important! We want you to thrive because if you do we do! That is why we place great importance on our culture with people at the very heart of everything we do.
We'll offer you competitive rewards, the opportunity to build a career and an exciting and enjoyable place to work.
In return we want your dedication and expertise. Fair trade? We think so, come and join us!