Senior SQL Database Administrator
Technical Consultancy, West Midlands
You will be joining this rapidly growing service line responsible for all Managed Service contracts to all of our customer across all sectors. We cover Service Operations and service desk, AMO, Cloud technology, End User Compute and legacy ITO. We align with ITIL and are agnostic across our delivery capability in relation to core IT, cloud, service desk, EUC tools and technologies.
We are passionate about delivery and live the NTT DATA values in parallel with a healthy work / life balance and a great team spirit.
You should be an experience SQL DBA, used to working in a fast paced, dynamic environments with possess a can-do attitude. You will possess a strong work ethic and desire to perform. Individual needs to be enthusiastic and have a high level of technical knowledge with experience across IT Infrastructure.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including ETL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS gained in a hands-on technical support role.
- Experience of troubleshooting and optimising database performance.
- Experience of configuring and supporting clustering, availability groups, data replication and backup.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft SQL Server in virtualised server environments (Hyper-V, VMware) and Public Cloud (Azure/AWS).
- Exposure to Public Cloud database offerings such as Microsoft Azure SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems and incidents.
- Able to create and develop PowerShell and T-SQL scripts.
- Able to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
What to expect:
The role will join our O365 Messaging Collaboration team within our expanding Shared Service Centre based in Birmingham.
The team provides BAU operational support and project delivery across all Infrastructure towers to multiple Public and Private Sector customers.
This role will work closely with customers to assist them in both BAU support and the delivery of new projects.
- To provide BAU operational support across multiple customer platforms, including health checks and reporting.
- Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents.
- Proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance.
- To lead the design and implementation of new SQL Server platforms, including the creation of associated documentation (HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.).
- Input into the development of infrastructure roadmaps, customer proposals, impact assessments and statements of work for the delivery of further solutions.
- Ensure that customer environments adhere to established standards and frameworks, meeting any compliance requirements at all times.
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA 's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!