Back End Developer (Product Engineering Squad)
Software Development, London
NTT DATA are building a new capability in the form of Product Engineering Squads. This is an exciting new proposition we are developing for our customers. We are hiring high performing teams in order to build and manage the life cycle of platforms and products for our clients. Using the latest tools, technologies and frameworks to develop cutting edge solutions that help organisations succeed.
You will primarily be involved in:
- Managing the interchange of data and transactions between the backend and the interaction channels
- Development of all backend logic, working with BA and Quality Engineer to ensure business logic is implemented as required and fully testable
- Definition and maintenance of data storage, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integrating the front-end elements into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Implementing backend logic using microservices and streaming data/event-based architectures.
Your usual responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of high-quality work results (structure, content, form)
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Compliance with quality guidelines (Unit Tests, Code Quality, Test Driven Development)
- End-to-end thinking during development
- Responsible for estimates and commitments
- Follow the agile software development lifecycle
- Consideration of non-functional requirements and operation-relevant topics during conception and implementation (logging, performance, monitoring, debugging).
- Strong experience of Agile delivery methods (SCRUM/Kanban etc.) and comfortable with tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Strong experience of coding with Java or other OO language
- Experience Spring Boot or node.js microservice design/build
- Ideally experience of API development and API gateway products
- Ideally experience of data streaming and event-based architectures
- Experience of developing orchestration services
- Experience of working in cloud-native environment with K8s
- Comfortable with software design concepts and practices, CI/CD and cloud architectures
- Passionate about BDD/TDD and developing robust, resilient code that performs at scale.