Technical Support, London
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join the Infrastructure team within our expanding Shared Service Centre, based onsite with one of our established public sector clients..
The team provides BAU operational support and project delivery across all infrastructure towers to multiple Public and Private Sector customers.
This role will work closely with customers to assist them in both BAU support and the delivery of new infrastructure projects.
- To provide BAU operational support across customer platforms, including health checks and reporting.
- Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents.
- Proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance.
- To lead the design and implementation of new infrastructure platforms, including the creation of associated documentation (HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.).
- Input into the development of infrastructure roadmaps, customer proposals, impact assessments and statements of work for the delivery of further solutions.
- Ensure that customer environments adhere to established standards and frameworks, meeting any compliance requirements at all times..
- A high level of technical knowledge and experience across IT Infrastructure at an enterprise level.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft Server, Exchange, VMware, Citrix, VDI Unix/Linux and Public Cloud (Azure/AWS) and good knowledge of Enterprise Backup and Storage platforms gained in previous technical support roles.
- Experience of performing the role of a consultant, designing and implementing solutions to business requirements.
- Able to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers both internal and external.
- It is preferrable to have an ITIL v3/v4 certification and experience of working within the framework, as well as professional certifications across various infrastructure vendors ie Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Citrix, AWS, etc.
*** SC level security clearance is desirable, but not essential. The role will require SC clearance to be obtained, therefore candidates must be eligible.