Who we are:
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
- Working in an Agile team, you will be responsible for inputting to the design and build of automated tests to ensure adequate and effective test coverage
- Provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment.
- Work closely with Software Engineers to deliver the test activities to meet the requirements, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery.
- Participate in estimation activities and identify opportunities for improvement within the team.
- Provide assurance at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to
- Proactively collaborate with the Front-end development team, understand the design of the Front-end and discussing issues with the developers to better understand requirements and expectations
What you'll need:
- Extensive relevant experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- Experience of building advanced and feature rich test automation frameworks from scratch using Object-oriented and scripted languages
- Has a depth of knowledge in the Object-oriented Programming paradigm (OOP) and has practically applied the principles
- Comfortable working with Git repositories and workflows on multiple tasks concurrently
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their importance in Automation Testing process
- Exposure to the Operating System Command line (Windows or Linux)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exhibits critical thinking
- Exhibits logical thinking
- Good coding skills (SOLID, DI, Design Patterns, etc.)
- Able to unit test the framework built
- Experienced working with Cucumber and/or SpecFlow, BDD, ATDD
- Web UI testing experience (different browsers)
- API / Microservice Testing experience
- Has worked across different application domains including Cloud, and Web Applications.
- Mobile Automation, and Contract Testing is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative. Consultancy background would be beneficial
- Integrate automation tests into CI/CD pipelines
Nice to have
- GitHub Actions,
- AWS experience
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
…And much more!