Technical Consultancy, Birmingham
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
As the Account Service Delivery Manager you will own the management and delivery of the service to the customer, ensuring that the service is delivered to SLAs and Contract terms are adhered and ensuring customer satisfaction. In addition you will drive continuous improvement and innovation and ensure that the client and the company receives value for money for all expenditure on hardware, software and services. This will require you to manage an internal matrix teams and 3rd party relationships.
You will have:
- Led the delivery of services to customers in adherence with specified SLAs.
- Strong experience within ITIL aligned service environment.
- Ensured customer satisfaction and the service is delivered in line with the contractual terms
- Driven continuous improvement and innovation in client facing environment.
- Ideally have a good understanding of enterprise grade infrastructure and operation including cloud computing and Hardware, Storage and Networks.
- SC clearance or have the potential to be SC cleared.
As the Service Delivery Manager, the role requires end to end management of the service Management function to the client. The role will sit within the account team and will report to the account Delivery Director. The role will require interacting with the client’s service management team, business Stakeholders, NTT DATA UK internal stakeholders and 3rd parties.
Responsibilities will include:
- End to end management of the service management function (Service Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management).
- Adherence to contractually agreed service levels with the client.
- Tracking contractual metrics and producing monthly and weekly service reports.
- Showing foresight and taking action which will lead to tangible and demonstrable service improvement.
- Management of resourcing levels according to the client’s business cycle.
- Working closely with NTT DATA’s UK and India/remote based staff for delivery of services to the customer.
- Definition of the boundaries of what is ‘BAU’ and what is ‘Project Work’.
- Oversight of the transition of new or changed services into the managed services support scope.
- Acting as the escalation point of contact for out of hours and critical business periods.
- Ensuring that critical incidents are managed with a high degree of focus , staffed appropriately and that there is appropriate communication to stakeholders.
- Managing the service costs to meet financial and margin targets.
What you'll need:
- ITIL v3 Foundation (Minimum), ITIL Expert (Desired).
- At least 7 years in an ITIL based service management environment, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Good understanding of enterprise grade infrastructure and application architecture.
- Experience of managing in a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to tailor the message to suit the audience - able to communicate with senior managers but also communicate at a detailed level with technical resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, documentation and presentation abilities.
- Highly committed, motivated and self-starter able to give directions rather than waiting for a steer from above.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of technically experienced resources – and able to demonstrate experience with managing conflicts and disagreements at the workplace.
- Ability to demonstrate tangible continuous improvement that has been implemented.
- Hands on technical knowledge and experience, particularly infrastructure (e.g. Database Administration, Operating Server Administration, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Hardware, Storage, Networks).
- An excellent team player.
- Prior experience of working in a multi-vendor environment.
- Upsell and Cross-Sell abilities.