Technical Consultancy, Epworth House London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment.
What you'll be doing:
NTT DATA are looking for a Data Engineers to work within implement cloud based data solutions using best-in-class RDBMS, ETL, and Cloud platforms.
You will work within a cross-functional team of fellow Data Engineers, as well as Architects, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts to provision data ingestion, transformation, and load capabilities in a Scaled Agile environment.
You will be comfortable with stakeholder engagement and take ownership for the delivery of key solution components.
What you'll need:
- Strong SQL skills, with significant experience in at least one of the major relational database management systems (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency with at least one of the major cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Design and build of modern data pipelines (e.g. Azure Data Factory/Synapse Pipelines, Talend, Matillion)
- Comfort with industry standard version control tooling (e.g. git, Mercurial, SVN) and associated CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to interpret high-level blueprints and reference architectures into low-level design, and low-level design into code
- Demonstrable experience working across the full SDLC, from analysis and design, through build, and into live
- Exposure to, and ideally experience with, modern data architectures (e.g. data lake, lake house, data mesh) and accompanying technologies (e.g. Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift)
- Working knowledge of relational database design fundamentals (e.g. relational/dimensional modelling, indexing, partitioning)
- Building, testing and deployment of optimised data solutions for analytics and reporting (for example datamarts, views, perspectives, cubes).
- Supporting the planning of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment.
- Optimisation of Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA's.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you:
- A people focused business
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
- A varied client base
- …And much more!