Senior Manager Application Management & Testing
At NTT DATA we are exceptional together and we believe in growing by helping others grow, whether that be our clients, partners or employees.
To achieve our goals our diverse and talented team leads by example. As a Leader you will uphold the essence of the company, be a focal point for your team, colleagues and clients and be involved in decisions to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organisation.
We support each other to be who they want to be, work how they work best. This is how we bring innovation, and we build a better future for our people, our business and our society.
We provide a safe environment in which all of us can be ourselves and reach our full potential. Our success comes from our people, regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, or anything else that can be used to differentiate people because we are exceptional together.
We understand you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements lists but if you are interested in this or other opportunities within everis, do not think twice and apply!
As part of our continuous growth, we are looking for a Senior Manager to join our AIS department in London. We’re looking for someone with the experience and capability to lead large test teams and deliver on a variety of projects and programmes of all sizes and scales or managing a QA programme portfolio.
You will provide direction to a test team, managing, owning and defining the Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Resourcing and driving the test execution and managing stakeholders and the communication and collaboration with the various delivery streams and business units. You will need to be able to not only self-motivate but also motivate and drive your test teams with technical and business leadership and vision to implement and deliver against the test strategy. Engage and immerse the team in the broader business vision to maintain full alignment across the Programme.
As part of your role, you will be a thought leader who is fully conversant and aware of the current trends in testing methods and approaches across industry and help drive the direction of Quality Assurance and Engineering. You will be capable of driving current state assessments of QA & Testing within our many clients operating models and with your experience be able to propose a more mature quality engineering target state.
• Define, implement and measure key test KPIs to ensure high test & quality standards are achieved.
• Act as facilitator and decision maker for defect resolution during test execution
• Manage challenging stakeholders and being tough on scope and time commitments.
• Contribute to and act as a point of decision around test approach, strategy, planning, execution and escalation on behalf of programme & portfolio stakeholders.
• Leads Test Management across a major IT Program.
• Manages Test Managers/Test Leads working across multiple projects (>10).
• Champion continual service improvement across quality assurance, automation and tooling.
• Keeping in check the schedule and status of any given release, and communicate this effectively across all teams including devs, infrastructure, and architecture.
• Strong stakeholder management to up to senior leadership level, able to develop and manage relationships at all organizational levels
• Thought leader able to speak to and qualify latest trends in test approach and methodologies with the ability to drive client direction and investment in best practices for Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering
• Fully conversant with latest test management tools
• Familiar and conversant with latest test automation frameworks and tools
• Delivery focused, pragmatic and able to provide recommendations based on business impacts
• Strong problem-solving skills, highly motivated, and passionate about quality
• Able to apply latest test approaches across waterfall and agile and in DevSecOps delivery environments
• Avoids unnecessary change requests through strong stakeholder management and holding people to what was committed in releases.
• Collaborate with Workstream leads to support their delivery of milestones on time, to cost and quality
• Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure key milestones are met
• Good generalist test management experience across the full development / delivery lifecycle including:
• Strong experience in test strategy and planning
• Good understanding of Non Functional Testing (Performance, Load and Stress Testing, Security)
• Good understanding of Functional, Integration & Risk based Testing
• Experienced at reporting against key testing KPIs as well as programme KPIs
• Strong implementation scheduling and planning experience within a Transformation Programme
• Expertise in requirements analysis, test strategy/planning/test scheduling.
• Proactive risk management.
• Strong Vendor and supplier management capability.
• Strong skills to resolve conflicts.
• Excellent knowledge of the Software Testing Life Cycle and you are able to develop advanced test plans and communicate these effectively to stakeholders.
• Expert in testing methodologies, test management and associated practices.
• Expert in ALL test phases – functional, non-functional, OAT, UAT and Security.
• Strong leadership and coaching experience.
• Experience with managing large offshore teams and services.
• Working knowledge of JIRA to own defect management lifecycle.
• Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
Where you’ll be:
Our employees' safety is priority, so currently you will be working from the comfort of your own home most of the time. In the future when we can spend time in our offices in London you will be able to enjoy London’s vibrant dynamics!
.... And another thing, you will be joining a close-knit team that is supportive and approachable. Which means that as a new joiner, you will always have someone available to offer help and guidance.
How to apply:
We appreciate that you may not have an up to date CV, so please just send what you have and let's organise a chat!